Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 PM

Hey Glenn I thought of you when I saw this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
She'd be a great summer project :roll:
Old 03-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Is $199 too much for a 1940 201-2 in cabinet, with stool and extras like button holer and bobbins. It looks in good condition. Do I want a newer model? I have a 201-2 on my wish list so I am thinking this is clouding my mind when it comes to the cost plus it is a good ways from my home but.....I want a 201-2. What do you, other vintage-holics think?
I think its a bit much to pay. However...I love my 201K treadle, its a very quiet running machine that sews wonderfully! Mine is a 1936, #EA854828. I love to sew with it.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
Originally Posted by qltndog
Go Jo (non pumice) for the cleaning of the finish. If you use a cleaner type of wax the decals will come off.

Billy

Thanks again, Billy. I have goop hand cleaner, but can't find GoJo cleaner. Anyone in Calfornia know what stores carry it?
I checked out wal mart and Lowes-no luck.
I saw it at "Stop & Shop" here in the Boston area.[/quote]

Try Ace Hardware. Kathie
Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Terryl, what a magnificient machine. The craftsmenship is suberb. How lucky you are! Enjoy
Old 03-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Lisa, I went into the site you just posted for craigslist, but again it said no web address found.

HELP SOMEONE! In the last week, whenever someone posts a site for craigslist about a machine they saw, when I go in, it says no web address found. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, PLEASE!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Does anyone have an Elna Grasshopper...I just purchased one this morning complete with case that turns into a sewing table with original paper work and booklets...I found it on Esty for 85 in mint condition and did research that it's like a Featherweight in weight made by the Swiss. Then found one on ebay that was already up to 150 with two days to go...So on impulse I bought it on Esty...Hope I made the right decision...
I have an Elna Supermatic, which is the next model after the original Grasshopper (which is it's nickname BTW). They are just SUPER little machines, sew like "Butter", and you can find parts all over the place. You got a good deal...mine cost $87 a year ago on eBay, but I haven't had time to really mess with it, so it sits in it's little case waiting for me!! :-) I did name her Kitten...maybe she should have been Kermita. :-)
Old 03-30-2011, 03:01 PM

Question!!! For my 1917 Western Electric machine, I know it takes Greist attachments, but how do I tell which ones? I have been looking at a bunch of them, and they all look the same on the "attaching end". Are they interchangeable, or what do I need to look for? Thanks!!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My 301 arrived 'serviced and ready to sew'. Uh, not with lint packed in the bobbin area and badly in need of oil. The seller had put a new cord and foot pedal on her, which was a plus. AnnieRose sewed a little noisily (remember I'm used to a Elna, so everything is noisy to me) and little sluggishly. Daily oiling and sewing for several days changed everything. She now is relatively quiet and the perfect speed with a very well balanced stitch - again not as perfect as the Elna, but I've never seen another machine that is.

At that price, I'd take a chance on it.
My 301 is still going "click click click" at the needle plate. I have taken the bobbin carrier out a couple of times to be sure it is in right, wiggled it around, still get the "click click". I'll try oiling it some more, and I do need to take out the whole bobbin assembly and clean it really well, because the tension keeps creeping tighter.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM

deleted by purplefiend
Old 03-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
My 301 is still going "click click click" at the needle plate. I have taken the bobbin carrier out a couple of times to be sure it is in right, wiggled it around, still get the "click click". I'll try oiling it some more, and I do need to take out the whole bobbin assembly and clean it really well, because the tension keeps creeping tighter.
did you put the bobbin case base finger back between the throat plate springs? Is the needle in with the flat to the left and threaded right to left?