Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 AM

Found a Singer 206K on CL. 1953 Aluminum. One of the first zig-zags, electric in cabinet. Looks god so does cabinet. Seller says knows nothing about machine, make offier. So, how much do I offer?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, everyone I took the plunge and won a machine off of E-Bay today. It looks like a clone of a 99. Anyway, it says "made in occupied Japan." That is why I bought it, I thought it would be cool to have a machine that says "made in occupied Japan." It is black, not one of the brighter colors. I will post pictures when she arrives! I hope, I don't regret this -- having a machine shipped is very scary for me!

Nancy
If it's the lightweight Bel-Air type machine (they were badged under several different names), they are a very nice machine. The only drawback is they can't be converted to handcrank due to the position of the motor boss. I had two of them, but gave one to a guy I'm hoping will come up with a solution.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:34 PM

Billy,

I just got a 1914 Singer Red Eye with the back clamping feet.
I wondered if you would know where I can purchase additional pieces for it such as a quarter inch foot etc etc.
Do they make these for my machine to accomodate the latest type of quilting on a machine if you know what I mean?
I bought a walking foot that I can use on my Featherweight for example.
I hope this pic comes through.

Red Eye 1914
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177041[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177035.jpe  
Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Seems like earlier, and I mean way earlier, in this thread, there was talk of a machine from occupied Japan, and Billy posted some information about those machines. I don't think I can read the whole thread again, though, to find it, lol. Let us see pics when you get it.

Melinda

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, everyone I took the plunge and won a machine off of E-Bay today. It looks like a clone of a 99. Anyway, it says "made in occupied Japan." That is why I bought it, I thought it would be cool to have a machine that says "made in occupied Japan." It is black, not one of the brighter colors. I will post pictures when she arrives! I hope, I don't regret this -- having a machine shipped is very scary for me!

Nancy
Sorry, should have said BelAire Bantam:

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-arts/20...hine-3283.html
Old 03-29-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Minnesota C serial #D1503643. Some of the decals are silvered but should clean up decent. The cabinet has some issues. Irons, missing one wheel, pedal has been repaired and pitman has a split but good tape job holding it firmly. Think I will have to get into the fly wheel bearing has it is really rough in about 10 degrees of rotation.
My mother had one like this; it had been refinished and was in beautiful condition. The really good thing about this cabinet is it is Davis-made and will also hold the older style (not the oldest one with the odd tension on top) Davis VF. You can find just the head and switch them out!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 PM

Lisa, I went to the site on Craigslist that you mentioned and it said web not found. Lately, when someone has posted a Craigslist site, the same message will come up. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:03 PM

http://www.servirem.com.ar/nueva.html has a list with your machine. It says 1985-1990. Pretty machine!!!

Originally Posted by olebat
OK - I've been to all the normal links to date a Singer, but can't find this number. NL-K 8014382. It was made in Taiwan, ROC, probably in the 1970's. Any one have a clue? Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Billy,

I wondered if you would know where I can purchase additional pieces for it such as a quarter inch foot etc etc.
Do they make these for my machine to accomodate the latest type of quilting on a machine if you know what I mean?
That sure is a nice red eye you have there unfortunately the back clamping attachments are not made anymore and are very hard to find. Sometimes you can find them on ebay and in antique stores. It took me almost two years to find attachments for my red eye. I was lucky some very nice and generous members of this board helped me in finding some. Glenn
Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 PM

I got an amazing machine on eBay today...anyway, amazing to me!! It looks absolutely GREAT!! 1917 Western Electric. It has been cleaned up and it works!! I got it really, really, ridiculously cheap....I couldn't hardly believe it. Tell me what you think. BTW....my DH is gonna KILL me!!! LOL...oh well.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177055.jpe  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Billy,

Awesome 'Red Eye' congrats. I just love the decals.
My DH found me one of these over the weekend but mine is a 1917 and very beat up. It is missing all the parts between the back end of the arm and the hand wheel. I will be shipping her to Billy for a spa treatment within a month. Also, hoping for parts. However, I was able to test drive her and she runs. She has a tension problem but if you straighten out the fabric the stitches are perfect. Can't say that about the newer machines.