Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by justtrish
I really like that mission style cabinet. Really cool!
It has some class doesn't it!
It sure does!! Being in California my whole life I have lived with many Mission Style furniture pieces, and I dearly love them. Years ago I made a huge mistake and sold a 1930's Mission Style chair for about 1/4 its worth...I guarantee I will never do that again!! Anyway, Mission Style has a very dear place in my heart. My Grandma lived in a beautiful little Spanish style bungalow on the coast in southern CA for many years, and her house was filled with authentic Mission Style furniture.
We used to have a mission style couch, lamp table and library table. DH gave them away one day. GGGGRRRRRRR (He hated the couch)
Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Thanks Billy

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by KenZ
I restored a white Featherweight for a freind. The serial number is EV994362 and when I checked the Singer web sight the serial number is listed as a 196K. What manual do I print for her a 221K or is there a 196K machine that is the same as a 221K?
Get the 221K, Singer has a few numbers and allotments messed up in their records but for the most part they are dead on.

Billy
Old 08-29-2011, 07:23 PM

I'm gonna ask for pictures, but what kind of price would I be looking at?

Thanks.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/2568830356.html
Old 08-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste

Thanks.
Who knows...some dodo may think it's worth a few thousand. You never know about some of these people! LOL!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Celeste

Thanks.
I would be careful of this one, it looks like the bed has been repainted with an enamel or something. Too glossy for something so crackly............

Billy
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.
Kathie, Cute machine!
Are you and Nancy going to attend the Gold Country Treadleon gathering Sept. 10th?

I do believe that the host may just have your bobbin plate for that machine somewhere in her stash of saved parts. That machine reminds me of the Cinderella machines.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.
Kathie, Cute machine!
Are you and Nancy going to attend the Gold Country Treadleon gathering Sept. 10th?

I do believe that the host may just have your bobbin plate for that machine somewhere in her stash of saved parts. That machine reminds me of the Cinderella machines.
Monica I am planning on coming. We have been crazy busy lately, but things should settle down soon! I have the TOGA on my calendar!

Nancy
Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 AM

I really like that mission style cabinet. Really cool!
Janice, I learn something new about machines and stuff in here everyday. Thanks to you I now know what mission style looks like!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 AM

I do believe that the host may just have your bobbin plate for that machine somewhere in her stash of saved parts. That machine reminds me of the Cinderella machines.[/quote]

Yes I plan on coming. That would be nice if Cathy had the bobbin plate for me. Thank you for suggestion that. Kathie
Old 08-30-2011, 08:38 AM

Thank you so very much for posting this. The photos were such a help to me. I have that cabinet (missing the center panel) with a "New Automatic" machine in it. The irons do not have the name of the machine on them...I have not seen a cabinet prior to these in which the front center panel swings up under the machine as the machine is lifted to the sewing position...now to do some detective work and figure out how to replace the panel...