Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Just did some checking. No wonder the Universal looked familiar. Universal and White were made by the same company in that time frame. So I'd be getting my mother's machine with a different name on it. ebay had a couple in the $100+ range, plus shipping and no cabinet, so maybe $25 isn't bad.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Just did some checking. No wonder the Universal looked familiar. Universal and White were made by the same company in that time frame. So I'd be getting my mother's machine with a different name on it. ebay had a couple in the $100+ range, plus shipping and no cabinet, so maybe $25 isn't bad.
Go get it!!!!! NOW!!!! Yep, I'm enabling. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy
thinking about you Billy. Get well soon
Glenn
Old 09-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I've added my prayers.

On a lighter note, I found a bright aqua Universal in a decent cabinet in a thrift shop for $25. I've been looking for my mother's aqua White from the 50s. Is this as close as I'll get? Love the color - it's very bright. The built in stitch regulator wouldn't turn, but it may after a oiling and cleaning.

Do I bring it home and if I do, where do I put it?
I don't know about the machines at your house, but here at mine the machines just seem to find a corner and snuggle in!! Looks like they were meant to be there! LOL! Two in the laundry, one in the dining room, one machine plus another cabinet in the living room, one just at the top of the stairs trying to decide which room to go into from there, and all of these are in cabinets. Of course there is the small sewing room with the FW and Janome in it, plus the cutting table , ironing table, flannel board, TV, etc......oh I hear a noise....Yep, the machine is deciding the other bedroom is a better bet! LOL!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM

My mother's White was her pride and joy. With six children, she worked evenings in a department store during the Christmas season to purchase it. I've never been nostalgic, but since I bought a black Singer similar to my grandmother's, I've really wanted a replica of my mother's. I think this will work. I see a room cleaning in my future.

I've also called about the Redeye in New Jersey. It may be gone at that price, but it's worth a try. Then I will have all the machines I want, though I'll have sell the Leader to make room for the Redeye.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy
Billy you have left me speechless. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. You are uplifted by many prayers. Lord we ask that you give the doctors the wisdon to know what is happening to Billy and we ask that the doctors fined the right meds. to cure him. Lord hold him and his family in your arms and place your healing hands on him. Lord through you are things are possible and we are asking for a miracle for him. Lord your word says that if two or more are gathered in your name you would be there. We are here in prayers and thougths for Billy and Lord we give him and his healing over to you the great physician. Amen Hang in there and know that we are here for you. Kathie
Kathie, that prayer was awesome. It was just awesome, I could feel the anointed healing in that prayer. Thanks Kathie, for stepping out on the word.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:14 PM

I was so sad to hear of your troubles. I will certainly pray for you and hope the doctors can help.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM

I wanted to say all this and could not have expressed it as well. My heart is very full right now for you , your family, and your treatment. The prayer of a righteous man avails much and I can tell there's a lot of powerful prayer warriors on this board. We will be in continual prayer for you Billy. Please keep us aware of your progress and needs... God bless you always and in all ways.

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Billy
Billy you have left me speechless. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. You are uplifted by many prayers. Lord we ask that you give the doctors the wisdon to know what is happening to Billy and we ask that the doctors fined the right meds. to cure him. Lord hold him and his family in your arms and place your healing hands on him. Lord through you are things are possible and we are asking for a miracle for him. Lord your word says that if two or more are gathered in your name you would be there. We are here in prayers and thougths for Billy and Lord we give him and his healing over to you the great physician. Amen Hang in there and know that we are here for you. Kathie
Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Kathie, that prayer was awesome. It was just awesome, I could feel the anointed healing in that prayer. Thanks Kathie, for stepping out on the word.[/quote]

Thank you , but, I do feel that we do not have a choice. With the way this world is going we need to step out in boldness. We need to set good examples, yes, there is a lot of that here. I feel very confortable in doing that with this wonderful group. Kathie
Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Billy
I hope they figure out what's really wrong Billy!
This shop is yours and I for one have learned so much in the short time I have been here.

I hope to see you back here soon!

Trish