Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Well, I'm in CA, would love to have it, will be in No. CA at the TOGA in 10 days....but no extra $$$. So, I feel WORSE...within striking distance, and no MOOLA!!!! WOE IS ME!!! :(
You guys are funny! No, I didn't put them in the Classified section. Just decided today that I have to part with a couple treadles after rearranging them so I could use my sewing/guest room again as a guest room! It is so hard everytime we have overnight company and I have to make space in my sewing room for the murphy bed to come down!

Nope, they wouldn't survive shipping. Those machines are in great shape and the cabinets are in great shape. No veneer peeling on them! I'm going to list them on Craigslist, although, if any of you want to make a trip to Northern California to get one of them, I'd put the murphy bed down for ya!

Nancy
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by hootnannie
We finally got electric back this morning since Sunday 0300. First thing I did was put a pot of coffee on and shower. To have running water is a blessing we take for granted till it's gone. DD and family still out in eastern Pa. Borrowed a generator from a friend to empty the 4' of water from the basement and keep sump pump going. Heating unit motor, washer, dryer, desk, table, and sundries all wrecked. We're thanking God for His protection since many others had it far worse. Irene will long be remembered here.
Glad to hear your okay and clean! :)
Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Thanks, me too. The first thing I checked on the computer was to see how many pages I'd miss on this board, LOL.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 PM

We finally got electric back this morning since Sunday 0300. First thing I did was put a pot of coffee on and shower. To have running water is a blessing we take for granted till it's gone. DD and family still out in eastern Pa. Borrowed a generator from a friend to empty the 4' of water from the basement and keep sump pump going. Heating unit motor, washer, dryer, desk, table, and sundries all wrecked. We're thanking God for His protection since many others had it far worse. Irene will long be remembered here.
Hootnannie, what an ordeal to go through. I hope you have flood insurance? Seeing what you guys are going through makes me feel guilty for complaining about my rearranging problems!

Nancy
Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM

Thanks, me too. The first thing I checked on the computer was to see how many pages I'd miss on this board, LOL.
Annie; when I'm gone this is the first site I check on also to see how many pages of goodies I have missed. I do believe I might be addicted. Hoping the cure isn't another vintage SM. DH would kill me!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Power Poster

If you look in my blog (below) you will know that I have some idea what a mess it can be. How ever the mess we have dealt with since the first of July was not our own stuff so there was no emotional attachment. My heart goes out to you. I'll be praying.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 AM

Ok...so I have started cleaning my treasures. Problem#1 on my 99k it seems like my belt has swollen in size and once the guard is back in place I am unable to get my machine to run. The belt sits in such a way that the bobbin winder rests right on it.....

I await your suggestions :)
Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

Here is a rare Singer 15 in my area, I might see if he will come down on the price a bit and get it. It had the nickel plated stitch regulator plate and the nickel badge in the treadle.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/atq/2575437510.html

Billy
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Here is a rare Singer 15 in my area, I might see if he will come down on the price a bit and get it. It had the nickel plated stitch regulator plate and the nickel badge in the treadle.http://memphis.craigslist.org/atq/2575437510.html
Billy
Billy; pretty machine and price. I was at a thrift shop today and found a vintage machine (big surprise) and a cabinet sans machine. I didn't enough cash for either so was walking out and told lady I'd be back tomorrow to buy them. She said, "Honey, make me an offer." so I did. Showed her what I wanted and told her I had $7 on me. She said "Sold" so I have a Universal machine which already has a new home after some cleaning and a nice solid sewing cabinet for my DDs vintage machine if it fits. I cannot figure it out but DD said she can just set her machine on top and sew if we can't get the machine in the desk.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Ok...so I have started cleaning my treasures. Problem#1 on my 99k it seems like my belt has swollen in size and once the guard is back in place I am unable to get my machine to run. The belt sits in such a way that the bobbin winder rests right on it.....

I await your suggestions :)
If you got the belt wet with kerosene, it will swell up. You need to remove all rubber base products before you start to clean with a petroleum product.