Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1414 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 414 914 1314 1364 1404 1413 1414 1415 1424 1464 1514 ... LastLast
Results 35,326 to 35,350 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom View Post
    Hi Glenn--- You are my next door neighbor. I take care of service and repair of the machines in the church quilt group and I have never used the three in one. I learned about that a while back.
    Where are you in south GA neighbor. Nice to have someone close.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

I think the machine here was purchased in 1995 and has not been used in the last 5 or 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Where are you in south GA neighbor. Nice to have someone close.
    I am in Waycross

Am signing off now. Have a long day tomorrow of fix and repair. Thanks for all info. I thank ya'll for being here. Have a restful evening.

Blog Entries
    I just want to let everyone that Jan(TexasJan) will not be posting for awhile. Her husband Dick is in the hospital with leukemia and will be there for sometime. Her days are spent with him at hospital. She will keep me posted and I will keep you guys informed to. Say a prayer for him. Skipper
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Jan my prayers are with you and your DH.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

I will be keeping them both in my thoughts!
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    When my nephew lived in AZ, they had shitzu dogs & puppies. A coyote jumped over their front yard fence while they were standing there, grabbed one of the puppies and jumped back over the fence. My nephew vaulted over the fence and chased the coyote down the dry creek bed, and eventually the coyote dropped the puppy and kept running. The puppy was OK with only mild scratches.
    Geeze, your nephew was brave! We have a very large coyote hanging around here stealing the geese eggs from a local marshy area. It makes me sad because this pair of geese come back here every year to lay their eggs and raise their young. After the coyote got the eggs twice, the geese moved on. I felt sorry for the geese, but I try to tell myself that the coyote has to eat too and maybe it has puppies to feed. I could never let a coyote take any animal, though, if I was witness to the event - without a major battle!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    I just want to let everyone that Jan(TexasJan) will not be posting for awhile. Her husband Dick is in the hospital with leukemia and will be there for sometime. Her days are spent with him at hospital. She will keep me posted and I will keep you guys informed to. Say a prayer for him. Skipper
    Yes, Glenn I have talked to Jan. The hospital is about 40 miles away so Jan is running on air . . . she is trying to be at the hospital as much as possible and take care of all the normal everyday things at home too - doesn't leave any room for taking care of herself!

Jan, you and your DH are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    WAHHHHHH!!! William is going to San Jose on the 14th and I don't get to go with him!!
    Wow Charlee, that is getting really close to my neck of the woods!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Jan, prayers for you and your husband. <<Hugs>>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Yes, Glenn I have talked to Jan. The hospital is about 40 miles away so Jan is running on air . . . she is trying to be at the hospital as much as possible and take care of all the normal everyday things at home too - doesn't leave any room for taking care of herself!

Jan, you and your DH are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy
    Nancy, I know she is running on air. I talked to her on the phone today and she is hanging in there but it is rough on her and the hopital is not close. Such a dear friend and I am so far way but I do keep in touch with her daily. Thank you for caring. Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Wow Charlee, that is getting really close to my neck of the woods!

Nancy
    I know! We thought at first that we could work it out so I could go with him...but that's not going to work out. He'll get to meet up with his dad, uncle, aunt and cousin while he's there tho... (They live in/near Lodi)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Lodi is in my back yard:>

Blog Entries
    I got that 403 last year just before Christmas. The cabinet had been "painted" with stain, but no finish, and it looked awful, even tho I'm sure the painter thought they were doing the right thing, and for awhile, it might have looked better....but this is what it looked like when I brought it home, it was black, sticky/gummy, and downright ugly!
    Name:  100_6547.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  1.48 MB

I sent an email to Skip and asked if there was an "easy fix". (That would be the fix I prefer, being basically lazy like I am! ) The simple answer was "no". I had to strip it, restain, and refinish it. I put it off until about 3 weeks ago, and I've been working on it since then! I finally, even with a few places that I'm not happy with, declared it DONE!! I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's better than it was, to be sure!

Name:  cabinet.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  117.9 KB
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Charlee, that turned out beautiful!!! You did a great job of correcting what someone else messed up!

Glenn, Jan and her husband will be in my prayers too. Please keep us informed about them.

Blog Entries
    Hope all goes well with Jan and her DH. Will keep them in our thoughts. Glenn please keep us up to date how they are doing.

Charlee the cabinet is quite an improvement to the before picture. You did a nice job.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Good idea for GW auctions Joe. At least I know your bidding code and you know mine. It's like watching your neighbor over the back fence. LOL
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    This is what our DS gave me over the weekend. It is a Singer Merritt and I don't think the lady ever used it. It came with all the attachments, manual, and 30 flat cams. I know you can treadle with this machine and the manual shows you how to set it up. Also this is one of the machines that has to always have a cam in it when sewing. There is even a rebate check that she never cashed. Still had the sample cloth under the needle where the factory test the machine. I tried the machine out and it sews just like a new one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Charlee; Fabulous job on that cabinet. Looks so much prettier than the before pic.

Trish; Nice score on the Merritt.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Lovely job on that cabinet Charlee. It is one of my favorites for electric machines.

Pat

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Been testing every kind of fabric that I have on the Viking, haven't found anything that it won't sew. Think I got a real work horse. Stitches are nice and even, very happy. Charlee that cabinet looks great.

Blog Entries
    Prayers going out!! Sorry to hear about this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    This is what our DS gave me over the weekend. It is a Singer Merritt and I don't think the lady ever used it. It came with all the attachments, manual, and 30 flat cams. I know you can treadle with this machine and the manual shows you how to set it up. Also this is one of the machines that has to always have a cam in it when sewing. There is even a rebate check that she never cashed. Still had the sample cloth under the needle where the factory test the machine. I tried the machine out and it sews just like a new one.

Great machine, Trish. I think it's really interesting that the manual tells how to set it up for treadle when it was made so late in the century.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Charlee; Fabulous job on that cabinet. Looks so much prettier than the before pic.
    I agree...looks 100% better!! Clever girl!! :-)