Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM

Oh, wow, what an assortment of machines. The Pfaff looks a lot like the Necchi I bought this week.

I just visited Craigslist again. The chrome bedecked turquoise machine I called a Domestic is a Universal in a blonde cabinet. Repeat after me, "I do NOT need another machine".
Old 04-15-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
Billy - any advice for a Goodwill find - I found a Singer 338 I looked it up on the Singer Web site - 300 series Jan 25 1965, 60000 made , in Kilboure Clydebank Scotland. I got it for $25.00 with cabinet. Missing the power cord and foot pedal though. I did find that on ebay tonight for 15.00 plus shipping. No extra pieces either.
You got a great deal on the machine!! Be sure to take some photos of her and post them so we can all see her!

Billy
Billy check this out, I'm addicted!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-116437-1.htm#3039194
Old 04-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Billy, I hope you are feeling better.
I actually feel half human again! Thanks for asking I know if it were not for all of your well wishes and prayers I would still be feeling blah! Hopefully you will see more of me in here and I can go out to the studio and hammer away at the machines and get them out this next week!!!

Billy
Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Chris thanks for posting the pictures. All those machines, that is how I picture Miz Johnny's basement-but of course her's are much closer together.
Awwww--not quite that bad!! MOST of mine are in better shape. (But not all. . . .)

Worked a bit in the basement, getting machines up off floor. Over the past few months, I've pulled out quite a few for one reason or another, and never got back to putting them away.

I'm supposed to be on a sewing machine diet, but some things I just can't resist. I added a Howe A treadle in beautiful condition--it's still in the middle of my LR floor. Also, a W & Gibbs HC--American style--which I'll pick up the end of May. I sold a Necchi 523 and a couple of treadle bases that I'd decided not to use, so I'm ALMOST even. As soon as I get my computer back, I'll list more. I don't seem to be creating any space, though!!

Truth of it is, if I were closer, I'd be there, too; and I DEFINITELY don't need any of those machines!! That honking big White was the one that caught my eye!!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I'm supposed to be on a sewing machine diet, but some things I just can't resist. I added a Howe A treadle in beautiful condition--it's still in the middle of my LR floor. Also, a W & Gibbs HC--American style--which I'll pick up the end of May. I sold a Necchi 523 and a couple of treadle bases that I'd decided not to use, so I'm ALMOST even. As soon as I get my computer back, I'll list more. I don't seem to be creating any space, though!!

Truth of it is, if I were closer, I'd be there, too; and I DEFINITELY don't need any of those machines!! That honking big White was the one that caught my eye!!
I like the dark green Bernina! Miz Johnny, you got a Wilcox and Gibbs hand crank? What is an American style? I got to go to one sale today between taking care of my animals and doctoring a sick horse for an out of town neighbor. Guess, what we got for $44? Another Wilcox and Gibbs, but this one has a hunkin big motor and a really cute "foot" pedal that is a foot! Also, got the original book and attachments! I'll post pictures tomorrow!

Nancy
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 PM

Miz Johnny - The White caught my eye too. Have you ever seen one like it?? Guess there is another one to add to my list. LOL. Going to an auction tomorrow to take a look at 3-4 SM's and it's suppose to rain cats and dogs.... But if they have a Fire Engine Red SM there it will be worth it. :)
Judy
Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 PM

Nancy,

Does that pretty blue Morse that use just got use the same needle, feet, bobbins and attachments as a singer 15 does? And how about other Japanese 15's? Do they fit into the same cabinet that a singer 15 would? or does it vary from machine to machine?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by emmah
Stopped in a neighboring town's Salvation Army where three nice condition older sewing machines were sitting in the back. I came home with this one because the color was pretty. The other two were Singers from 70's. ($15) It is branded Fiatelli --maybe after the car? Made in Japan with an American motor.
Emmah, It's beautiful. . .beautiful....love all the chrome on it. Congratulations!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:59 PM

Billy,
How are you feeling? I know that you weren't feeling so well. I do hope you're feeling much better. I hope the warmer weather and sunshine of spring chase all those bad germs away!

Pam M
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Post away!!!

Billy
Okay. Already posted one.
Lord, have mercy! Where was this auction? Who owned all the machines?

(edit) Okay, went back and read and saw the post that told this auction was in MO... Was this a private collector's stash, or stuff from an antique store?