Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 PM

Thanks Billy! I keep telling myself that I am going to stay off off CL but then I go peak and this was the second listing. I still have to get a machine running. I have to post the pictures of the New Home that my friend delivered for me from Oakland. It is nice.

But I am breaking my price limit of $40 for a machine and running out of room.

Friends are having a garage sale so I will be able to clean some stuff out of the garage and make more room. Maybe I can get rid of a couple of the machines too.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Thanks Billy! I keep telling myself that I am going to stay off off CL but then I go peak and this was the second listing. I still have to get a machine running. I have to post the pictures of the New Home that my friend delivered for me from Oakland. It is nice.

But I am breaking my price limit of $40 for a machine and running out of room.

Friends are having a garage sale so I will be able to clean some stuff out of the garage and make more room. Maybe I can get rid of a couple of the machines too.
If you can keep running into deals like this and machines that are this significant dont stop now!! Keep on buying them because they will not be out there to be had. You can always find some more room somewhere for them....like my studio LOL!! :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 PM

If you can keep running into deals like this and machines that are this significant dont stop now!! Keep on buying them because they will not be out there to be had. You can always find some more room somewhere for them....like my studio LOL!! :lol: :lol:

Billy[/quote]

Well, are you fashioning a side car or trailer for that chopper? You can take some home with you. :D :D :D
Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

Well, are you fashioning a side car or trailer for that chopper? You can take some home with you. :D :D :D

USPS LOL!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 PM

We'll have to see which one or two speaks to you while you are hear. Hopefully it will not be the whole choir, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Found on CL. Billy do you know anything about Whitney Household machines.
Okay this is what I found on the NeedleBar.org and is a excerpt from the site.

"The Household's special claim, besides simplicity of its design and the excellence of its workmanship, is its adaptability to satisfactorily execute a wide range of work. It was said to operate perfectly as a family machine performing all kinds of domestic sewing with ease and satisfaction, and at the same time it could be as successfully employed in shops and factories, doing the lightest and the heaviest work equally well."

They were tied with Singer and Domestic in the early years and their contract with them was ended in 1873. Depending on the serial number of this machine it could be one of the machines that was built under the contract.

Nifty stuff huh? Told you it was significant!!!

If your not a member of the NeedleBar then I suggest that you join up. LOTS of information and great bits of history found there. And the Picture Library is with out the doubt the most intense collection of photos of sewing machines cataloged and very organized and easy to locate!

And the history lessons you can get from the forums......WOW is all I can say!!

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

We'll have to see which one or two speaks to you while you are hear. Hopefully it will not be the whole choir, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh I will be listening believe me!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jackkip
Hey Guys, wanted to share my purchase. I found this in a junk shop. Only paid $18 for it. It is a treadle without the cabinet. I just wanted to get into redoing an old machine. Thought this was cheap enough for me to learn on. Don't know much about this brand. Any info would be great.
I am thinking this is a National badged machine, they badged for a lot of the folks out there including Minnesota which was sold by Sears in the early days.It is in marvelous condition and pretty complete with the exception of the inspection plate. This is a great machine to learn the basics of a restoration and will be a nicer candidate than the Singer 27 you looked at. I like the Non-Singers just because and this one really has my interest peaked.

I hope to see the in process restoration pics ;-) ;-)

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Billy, Do you know anything about a machine that's called a Hilton? Made for Hilton sewing machine co. out of Cleaveland, OH. But made in Japan. It a model 566. Serial # 566-44A. Probably made around the 50's. Will try a get a pic tomorrow.
Thanks
No I havent but I would love to see it!!! You know me and my machines!!!

The Japanese badged so many machines it was just mind boggling and they are all really great machines.

Like I said I would pick my Japanese 15 over a Singer any day!!

But please post some photos of it and if you can see if you can post ant JA or JC numbers and serials for me please.

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by no1jan
Well I guess I'll start if off. This is my newest acquisition I picked up this last week. I had posted it already, but it deserves to shine on this post.

It a a Singer Model 66-1 Treadle I got off Craigslist for free! :) :) :)

Works beautifully except for the bobbin winder I broke while cleaning her.

Isn't she a beauty. Haven't named her yet. :thumbup:
I really like it. I aquired something similar but it was definately not free. What a wonderful gift you received and it found a wonderful home. Enjoy!