Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM

I had to have one. It is in my dining room sitting on top of another machine in a cabinet, and gets a loving pat every time I pass by it. (Pretty sure my sanity hearing will not go well, lol.)[/QUOTE]

I forgot the kids were home this afternoon and they heard me talking to my 201....I told them if they rolled thier eyes like that they might get stuck...what is it about these machines that makes us love them so? Laura
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
I had to have one. It is in my dining room sitting on top of another machine in a cabinet, and gets a loving pat every time I pass by it. (Pretty sure my sanity hearing will not go well, lol.)
I forgot the kids were home this afternoon and they heard me talking to my 201....I told them if they rolled thier eyes like that they might get stuck...what is it about these machines that makes us love them so? Laura[/QUOTE]

shrug. my family is thinking intervention... my oldest GD, Miss G counted machines and quit at 100... She doesn't know about the rest... They were intrigued by the Vindex Special and Two Spools but they LOVE LOVE LOVE that hand crank on the old Singer 99. That hand crank kept the 5 year old VERY busy. Wilbur discovered the tiny little screw drivers... he just laughed - he thought they were very funny - very short very fat little screwdrivers.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 PM

I walked into a local sew/vac shop today and was enthusiastically invited by the owner to join them on Saturday for a Jelly Roll Race. I have never done one before but I knew exactly who I was going to ask for pointers... y'all!

Help! Any pointers???? I am thinking of taking one of my 301 machines after I time a few of my other machines. Sounds like fun. Everyone seemed like nice quilters in this shop.

Charlee is enabling me to pick up another machine this week. And, she lives several hundred miles from me. If we lived in the same town, I am sure she would have me fill my home up with machines.

PS: Charlee's enabling is easy on my budget though, the machine is only $15.

Melinda, I love your mellow yellow machine!

Candace, really like your little felts! Are you cutting each one out individually?

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 06-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 AM

I HAD to Linda!! It's part of my job description!!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I walked into a local sew/vac shop today and was enthusiastically invited by the owner to join them on Saturday for a Jelly Roll Race. I have never done one before but I knew exactly who I was going to ask for pointers... y'all!

Help! Any pointers???? I am thinking of taking one of my 301 machines after I time a few of my other machines. Sounds like fun. Everyone seemed like nice quilters in this shop.

Charlee is enabling me to pick up another machine this week. And, she lives several hundred miles from me. If we lived in the same town, I am sure she would have me fill my home up with machines.

PS: Charlee's enabling is easy on my budget though, the machine is only $15.

Melinda, I love your mellow yellow machine!

Candace, really like your little felts! Are you cutting each one out individually?
Let us know how your 301 does in the race. It's a fast machine and you'll have an advantage!

No, I don't cut the spool protectors out one by one, but I do have to do the centers that way. Kind of slow... and I know I'm silly to be so excited about something. But, I spend so much time on my machines, it's like now I get to play dress up with them too.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM

Oh CRUD!!! We MISSED it!! Yesterday was National Sewing Machine day!!

http://www.punchbowl.com/holidays/sewing-machine-day
Old 06-14-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Oh CRUD!!! We MISSED it!! Yesterday was National Sewing Machine day!!

http://www.punchbowl.com/holidays/sewing-machine-day
How did we miss that one???
Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 AM

For many decades the sewing machine was a standard household appliance, but it is no longer considered a domestic necessity.
I do believe that those of us with multiple sewing machine households are trying to make up for those who do not own them.

We did sew on projects yesterday, so we honored the holiday.

Joe
Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 AM

I made a cover for my Nook yesterday, so I honored the holiday.
It still needs a bit of tweaking, so I'll make another one when I'm not working so much.
Sharon
Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 AM

I celebrated by recycling a dog food sack into a shopping bag!! Don't know that I will be making another, that stuff is VERY stiff and hard to work with. Think I will go with the "Fat Sacks". Those are sturdy and easy to put stuff in.

Charlee did you get that refinish job finished? I can't get in the mood to do much of anything since I finished the cushion covers.