Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Thanks Havplenty! I carry a couple of little LED flashlites in my purse all the time, and the 301 is coming with a box of attachments and bobbins....I might toss in a couple of 15's and 66's tho, just in case I find another machine while we're junkin'!!
Good idea! Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:17 PM

Hey all. I hate hate being sick. Seems it takes me forever to feel normal again. While sick i still managed to get on ebay and such. Last night i won a 66 lotus that i cant wait to get my hands on. I just love that particular design. Also won a huge lot of vintage patterns. Should have fun going through those.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:33 AM

Have a good time, Charlee!! "Junkin'" seems like an ideal little vacation!! Might have to try that in a couple weeks while I'm on vacation from work!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Hey all. I hate hate being sick. Seems it takes me forever to feel normal again. While sick i still managed to get on ebay and such. Last night i won a 66 lotus that i cant wait to get my hands on. I just love that particular design. Also won a huge lot of vintage patterns. Should have fun going through those.
Jenn, congratulations on the Lotus! That is the one 66 I don't have!

Nancy
Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Thanks Havplenty! I carry a couple of little LED flashlites in my purse all the time, and the 301 is coming with a box of attachments and bobbins....I might toss in a couple of 15's and 66's tho, just in case I find another machine while we're junkin'!!
Good idea! Thanks!
Charlee are you taking tweezers!!!!! I just picked up another not so vintage Pfaff Saturday at a Thrift store. It had a thread caught around the bobbin assembly! I always have those tweezers handy for those instances! Have fun!

Nancy
Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Congrats Jenn!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Charlee are you taking tweezers!!!!! I just picked up another not so vintage Pfaff Saturday at a Thrift store. It had a thread caught around the bobbin assembly! I always have those tweezers handy for those instances! Have fun!

Nancy
hemostats work better than tweezers for pulling out thread... got mine for a buck at the flea market
Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
Have a good time, Charlee!! "Junkin'" seems like an ideal little vacation!! Might have to try that in a couple weeks while I'm on vacation from work!!
It's my favorite thing to do Randa! Thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Went to 2 auction previews today. First one had a 66-16 in a cabinet and a 15-91 (poor wiring, good cosmetically) in a cabinet. I'll probably go just to see how much interest there is in them. After seeing the 2nd house, I don't know if I want to bring anything home for a while. It belonged to a stage 4 or 5 hoarder--terribly sad to see. There were 3 sewing machines, but I couldn't get to them, too many boxes in the way. They must have belonged to his wife. Some quilts too, at least one with the binding tacked down but unsewn.

But, at the first house, I did see a quilt hanging in a stairwell that was interesting and brightened my day. One side looked almost pink, but the other was faded from being in the sun. It was a diamond star done with tiny, tiny piecing! I had to take pictures:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349278[/ATTACH]

My index finger showing the size of the diamonds in the border. The star was made of the same size diamonds. What a piecer!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349279[/ATTACH]
Wow Cheryl, that quilt is beautiful - and what intricate work! I bet that one was inherited from a family member!

Nancy
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 AM

I'll keep an eye out for a pair of hemostats...wonder why my mom didn't have any in her stuff? She was an RN, and always had some around when I was growing up! Do have tweezers in my makeup kit tho, can always grab those if need be!
Good idea Nancy!! My kit will get it's own "thread grabber"!!