Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
And Joe, I just saw a denim quilt made in circles. Made me think of you and your quilt.
Where did you see it?

Joe
Old 07-15-2012, 06:25 AM

Which auto parts store, Charlee?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Which auto parts store, Charlee?
Yeah, don't hold out - hopefully there will be enough belts to go around...
Old 07-15-2012, 06:30 AM

Hello. I am cleaning up a beautiful lady I've dubbed Madame Martha after the woman who gifted me with this beautiful machine. It's an Eldredge improved model B treadle. So far have mostly worked on her finish which is coming to life after lots of elbow grease. I finally was able to get the head lifted up to search for treasure in the belly of the cabinet - and found two more bobbins giving me a total of five. They need to be cleaned with Brasso but I'm excited to have found them. One spot on the bottom is frozen up that controls the stitch length selector but I'll get it free. Everything else works smoothly. I'm fairly new to this board and wonder if the pictures of these old beauties are in the pictures section or somewhere within this section. The Eldredge was originally made in Chicago, then merged with the June Co. (maker of the Jennie June treadle) and after 1890 became the National Sewing Machine Co. which then became New Home and eventually became Janome. Very interesting history. Thanks for directing me to pictures of old machines.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PBobbin13 View Post
Hello. I am cleaning up a beautiful lady I've dubbed Madame Martha after the woman who gifted me with this beautiful machine. It's an Eldredge improved model B treadle. So far have mostly worked on her finish which is coming to life after lots of elbow grease. I finally was able to get the head lifted up to search for treasure in the belly of the cabinet - and found two more bobbins giving me a total of five. They need to be cleaned with Brasso but I'm excited to have found them. One spot on the bottom is frozen up that controls the stitch length selector but I'll get it free. Everything else works smoothly. I'm fairly new to this board and wonder if the pictures of these old beauties are in the pictures section or somewhere within this section. The Eldredge was originally made in Chicago, then merged with the June Co. (maker of the Jennie June treadle) and after 1890 became the National Sewing Machine Co. which then became New Home and eventually became Janome. Very interesting history. Thanks for directing me to pictures of old machines.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t130994.html and it is in the sticky notes at the top of the sewing machine section
Old 07-15-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Where did you see it?

Joe
It was on All People Quilt and Craftys web site. It's like a fake catheral windows pattern.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 AM

these are some different looking singer machines. i wonder if they are commercial sewing machines.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/app/3140839557.html
Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM

Thanks Charlee for the wish. I try to ignore them, but they happen anyway.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Yeah, don't hold out - hopefully there will be enough belts to go around...
got them at O'Reily's Auto Parts. The brand name on them is "O-tite!", they measure 3 1/2 inches OD.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the info, Charlee. Happy Birthday, Grannysewer. You got a nice haul of machines, sounds like. What kind of Kenmore was in the cabinet that fell apart?