Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
Almond-- lovely machine! Looks just like mine! I am curious as to where you found that table......??
I had a lady here in Ft Dodge call me one day and said she had a featherweight table for sale and wonder is I was interested. Of course I said yes for $100.

She then realized it wasn't for a featherweight but a 301, I went to see it and was in such good condition I bought it. So then I had to buy a 301.

End of story
Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM

Almond, that's one of the best reasons for buying a machine I've heard! I'd love to find a table for my featherweight or the 401.
I have a top clamp, I thing that's what it's called, Sears button holer that is just so cute, and also some other attachments that go with it. No machine yet, but I'm looking... Anyway, it's the one that has the large round nut that holds the attachments on the machine. Some day.....
Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Almond, that's one of the best reasons for buying a machine I've heard! I'd love to find a table for my featherweight or the 401.
I have a top clamp, I thing that's what it's called, Sears button holer that is just so cute, and also some other attachments that go with it. No machine yet, but I'm looking... Anyway, it's the one that has the large round nut that holds the attachments on the machine. Some day.....
Stop by sometime, I'm sure I can fix you up...
Old 09-07-2012, 06:40 AM

Miriam, I love your new avatar photo of the kiddies. Although one looks old enough to be an adult.
So those are the kids that you report in on how they mess with your machines.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I'm on dial up, I can't watch videos without a long download period.
I learned to treadle by sitting my keester down in front of the machine and doing it. Did I get frustrated? Just ask Elaine, she'll tell you. But once it clicked between my feet, hands and brain it was just a couple days of practicing and awwwaaaaayyyyyy we went.

So, although videos are sometimes fun to watch, you can do without them. If I could anyone can.

Joe
Joe, When I learned, I just did the same. I remember having the machine sew backwards numerous times. It was after I got the hang of it that I watched Donna Kohler's video. The best way is just to practice without any fabric or threads. Then add paper instead of fabric, but still no thread while working on starting and stopping.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM

What is your opinion of Singer 66, 6/13/1050. Has a few pieces missing, gold work is great, rest of machine is quite dirty. Missing parts will cost per Singer company under $100. Is it worth it. Machine gave to me. What is the selling price as is?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BarbM32 View Post
What is your opinion of Singer 66, 6/13/1050. Has a few pieces missing, gold work is great, rest of machine is quite dirty. Missing parts will cost per Singer company under $100. Is it worth it. Machine gave to me. What is the selling price as is?
Barb, 66's are very easy to come by and they're common. I wouldn't spend much on parts as you can get one in full working order for not much money. It would sort of depend on asking price and the parts missing....
Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Thank you Candace for your info. Like I said the machine was give to me along with 3 other newer Singers.
Having a sidewalk sale next weekend and think I will put all of them in it along with several other machines I've collected. I hate to do yardsales but my dear friend wants to do it so I said ok, it will be a good time to hopefully get rid of machines, books, fabrics and lots of knicknacks and clothes. With lots of traffic on Hwy 9 and a nice ad in the paper who knows what we will wind up selling. Just hope our weather will cool down.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Got an Eldrege two spool the other day, has a broken needle. Does anyone know which needle it uses? I sure it's the same as a National two spool., because the Eldrege says made by National right on the top.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Miriam, I love your new avatar photo of the kiddies. Although one looks old enough to be an adult.
So those are the kids that you report in on how they mess with your machines.
That big kid is me with 3 DGKs