Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-14-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
you can just search Ray White and find good info
Those little Elna's are pretty cool - there is a man in Noblesville, Indiana works on them - he does nice work - so many parts too!!!
I will keep that in mind if I rashly decide to take it apart, lol. I am still eyeballing the Kenmore. I took it apart again, put a needle in, and will watch to see what it does on some lightweight material. Hopefully it was a fluke...fingers and toes crossed. Then, my little black clone gets my attention. Question tho......after the machines get you so hooked, how do you ever get any sewing done again, lol?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:53 PM

Question: I have a 221-1 with 2 nicks on the petal cord, do I need a new cord, or cord and petal.
My husband wants to put electric tape on it. Then I only get a cord and use same petal does that take away from value of sewing machine thanks!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by sherian View Post
Question: I have a 221-1 with 2 nicks on the petal cord, do I need a new cord, or cord and petal.
My husband wants to put electric tape on it. Then I only get a cord and use same petal does that take away from value of sewing machine thanks!
I assume that the petal you're referring to is the foot pedal? If the nicks aren't bad, electrical tape will work.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I assume that the petal you're referring to is the foot pedal? If the nicks aren't bad, electrical tape will work.
you mean if the nicks are not two wires touching it can be wrapped or shrink wrapped
Old 11-14-2011, 04:04 PM

thanks! I wasn't sure how I would get the cord or where. They not bad but i guess it do not see the wire just
the cord part. thanks again! Enjoy the evening.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

it is nice that you can still get cords for these old Singers!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 PM

I've been looking through Yahoo Japan (ebay) with great enjoyment since learning about the Hitachi. Has anyone ever seen a Singer Industrial like this one: http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=n105905360
Back to Yahoo Japan
Jon
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
You are my hero. I read 32 or 33 machines and started really laughing out loud. I am almost afraid to look at machines, especially with cabinets, these days....and I only have five cabinets sitting around taking up space, and maybe a couple more machines, but they seem to breed. A friend has already suggested I open a museum. Now, it wouldn't be so bad, but I also had to bring in another cedar chest, a quilt rack.....you get the idea. And I used to think how much wasted space I had, lol.
If you work things right, you can move this over just a little and then by turning this just right, you get a little more room. Then by moving that just a bit..... I know, each time I find one I've got to have just because...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Nancy, Thank you!

So, have your named this machine? If not, I have been looking at some Japanese names, don't know if this is a girl or boy machine. You got to give it a name! I know it will be well loved!

Takara, treasure, girl's name
Shinobu, endurance, unisex name
Hajime, beginning, boy's name
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
I've been looking through Yahoo Japan (ebay) with great enjoyment since learning about the Hitachi. Has anyone ever seen a Singer Industrial like this one: http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=n105905360
Back to Yahoo Japan
Jon
I had fun reading this last night at 1am when I discovered this site. I love the name of the machines.