Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-14-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Met up with Quiltncowgirl on Saturday to do a mini-shop hop & to exchange treadles. Now her 1891 VS2 will be in it's original cabinet, and my 66 Lotus decal will be in a newer treadle. I will have to do some work on the finish on the cabinet, but not serious. Also the 15 that came in the treadle needs serious cleaning, but overall looks OK. I have a portable case to put that in and a motor to put on it. I'll put up pics when I get to work on them, but it won't be for a while....I am SLAMMED with quilting projects right now...
Glad yall got the original set back together. Can't wait to see pics of all the re-arranging. I can understand the slammed feeling. At our Christmas parade, my girls and I decided to do a booth, with funnels cakes and such, and a few hand crafted projects. My younger daughter makes quillows, and I am going to make some baby quilts (probably like the one I posted on the finished projects on vintage machines), and Santa aprons. Thinking about making a few of the microwave bowls I have seen here. Just trying to turn a dollar or two for the holidays. We will see how it goes.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Here's another seller close to me on CL that is living in an alternate reality. Anyone watch "Fringe"? I think they may be living in that alternate world....

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2702194558.html
Obviously, someone left out a decimal point. LOL
Old 11-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Wow, that's great info. Nancy. I would have bet money it was a clone or a badged machine.
Why Candace? I never thought it was clone - not with Hitachi written all over the machine; and knowing that Hitachi is an actual manufacturer of tools.

You guys that are still asking why I was told Hitachi never made a sewing machine when I e-mailed Hitachi - I think that was either because I e-mailed the wrong department of Hitachi, I e-mailed the wrong Hitachi, or the clerk that got my e-mail just did a search, came up with nothing, so assumed they had never made a sewing machine. The two sewing machines that Monica found were both in Japan, so it is not a common machine here, they were both made between 1938 and 1940. The 1938 to 1940 time frame may be the only time Hitachi made sewing machines, so maybe those records are not part of the modern Hitachi history. Someone working at Hitachi today wouldn't even know about the 1938 - 1940's. Who knows, some people just don't want to be bothered and maybe whoever answered my e-mail just didn't dig deep enough? Anyway, I am really excited to own something so rare here! I am all stoked up now to finish sanding and staining and varnishing the cabinet!

I noticed the machine Monica posted with the table had the treadle wheel removed and electricity added. The pedal was still there, but not the treadle belt wheel.

Nancy
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Obviously, someone left out a decimal point. LOL
Yep. I bet Melinda is right. Everyone thinks if they have a Pfaff 130, they have a gold mine, but I bet they really are asking $300!

Nancy
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
Curious to know if it is hard to treadle??
Miz Johnny, We love having you back!

I don't know yet. I have treadled just to get the treadle oiled and going, which is no different than treadling any of the other machines; but, I have not done a decorative stitch yet on the 319W. I just finished sealing the flip top so DH can attach it back on the treadle. I am ready to learn how to use the 319w now so I will let you all know how it sews/treadles when I finish something with the 319w!

Nancy
Old 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Miz Johnny, We love having you back!

Nancy
I couldn't agree more!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Charlee, I have a question for you. What size needle does the WW9 take, is it Boye 18?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Charlee, I have a question for you. What size needle does the WW9 take, is it Boye 18?
Yessir, or if you can find them, the 127x1.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Thanks Charlee you are the best!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, First machine in treadle starting bid is ~ $50 and second machine ~ $80.
Just additional info. for you.
Thanks Monica, I didn't know that. Miriam and Monica, who knows what caused this machine to be lost, but you are both probably on the right track.

Monica, if I decide to let go of my Hitachi - I will let you have it!

Nancy