Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Miriam, either you're using rubbish screwdrivers or you're really strong!
some of each - stuff comes really stuck some times.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
The spousal unit bought me a Kennie 84 (German model) today, mostly because I had seen it yesterday and whined until he gave in, but that's a whole `nuther story!
It was locked up with the needle down, and the presser foot wouldn't move. Grant kept me after it, and I managed to free it up, change the needle, thread it and...it stitches! Sorta. The stitch length lever bounces back to "0" after just a couple of stitches.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm at a loss...

This one was irresistible for me...it had the manual, attachments, bobbins out the wazoo, cams, a page out of a scrapbook, a page of instructions for a model car and a hefty layer of greasy nicotine stained dust. Every time I look at it I see another spot I missed while cleaning...I'm tempted to spray it down with "Awesome" and put it in the shower!! LOL! (I won't, but it's tempting!)
if it's a lever you might be able to tighten something. if all else fails use some rubber bands...
Old 08-22-2013, 04:30 AM

The spousal unit bought me a Kennie 84 (German model) today, mostly because I had seen it yesterday and whined until he gave in, but that's a whole `nuther story!
It was locked up with the needle down, and the presser foot wouldn't move. Grant kept me after it, and I managed to free it up, change the needle, thread it and...it stitches! Sorta. The stitch length lever bounces back to "0" after just a couple of stitches.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm at a loss...

This one was irresistible for me...it had the manual, attachments, bobbins out the wazoo, cams, a page out of a scrapbook, a page of instructions for a model car and a hefty layer of greasy nicotine stained dust. Every time I look at it I see another spot I missed while cleaning...I'm tempted to spray it down with "Awesome" and put it in the shower!! LOL! (I won't, but it's tempting!)
Charlee, I think you need to TF the feed dog area a bit. If it doesn't like to stay put, it probably is in there somewhere. I can't hardly wait to see it and hear how it sews. The biggest surprise in a machine I had was a Kenmore similar to this one but it was a SS machine. Smooth as silk when it sewed. And beautiful stitches too. It was a very forgiving machine. You are almost there.
~G~
Old 08-22-2013, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
if it's a lever you might be able to tighten something. if all else fails use some rubber bands...
It'd break the rubber bands...I considered duct tape tho!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Charlee, I think you need to TF the feed dog area a bit. If it doesn't like to stay put, it probably is in there somewhere. I can't hardly wait to see it and hear how it sews. The biggest surprise in a machine I had was a Kenmore similar to this one but it was a SS machine. Smooth as silk when it sewed. And beautiful stitches too. It was a very forgiving machine. You are almost there.
~G~
I'll try that Grant....it's back to work for me today, so it'll be able to sit in time out until this evening.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 AM

I'll try that Grant....it's back to work for me today, so it'll be able to sit in time out until this evening.
That's even better.
~G~
Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
some of each - stuff comes really stuck some times.
I have some screwdrivers with oval handles shaped like the palm of your hand. They are great on tough stuff.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
I have some screwdrivers with oval handles shaped like the palm of your hand. They are great on tough stuff.
It's not the handles I break...
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 PM

O bother I just posted some questions with a photo on that page, I forgot.
I will ask on here In the AM.
Sorry Karen
Old 08-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Well, yesterday the DGKs invaded. I have an empty ketchup bottle for blowing fluff out for Wilbur in his tool box. He happily blew out fluff. Then the fluff was done. So he filled up the bottle with water and 'oiled' my flowers. He was holding it like the oil bottle and putting one drop of water on each leaf. He has learned a new trick. He is a boy with 3 older sisters. He loves to make them giggle. So his new trick is to belch. Yup. AND when he belches, he says the alphabet or what ever comes in the kid's head. His sisters laugh so he does it more. Unfortunately I laughed. Then we went to the little Greek restaurant.... he entertained the whole place... rib-bit... rib-bit... belch... fortunately the place is a hole in the wall... they do put up with kids...