Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 AM

Oops spoke too soon - here's another -LOL!! Meant to say Wheeler and Wilson - and this price is much better

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-WHEELER-...ecorative_Arts
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl
This is really pricey but if I had a Wilson Wheeler sewing machine I would try to bargain with them - never seen one of these before.
They're around, and this one is WAY out of line. I have at least two.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 AM

I want to thank Billy for all his hard work in setting this section up and for sharing all his knowledge with all of us. I love seeing all the members vintage machines and have learned a lot about them.
One question, I posted a topic on the main site and then put it on the virtual section but is it possible to put it also on the Vintage sewing machine section? It's titled "My collection of vintage sewing machines" by Ohio Star Quilter.
I'm new to posting so appreciate any help.
Thank you, Judy
Old 08-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Hey everyone! I just got back from the doctor. All went well. I got my stitches out and was told everything is healing like it should. No clearance to get back to sewing yet. I was told to wait at least 4 more weeks and maybe 6. Bummer!!! You all are going to have to pick up my slack for me, lol!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Hey everyone! I just got back from the doctor. All went well. I got my stitches out and was told everything is healing like it should. No clearance to get back to sewing yet. I was told to wait at least 4 more weeks and maybe 6. Bummer!!! You all are going to have to pick up my slack for me, lol!
So very happy that you got a good report from the dr. Don't worry we will all be here for you.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

Praise The Lord. You are mending quite quickly. More time to chat here on the forum and view some pics posted in the pics section. Sit back and relax, before you know it you will be sewing up a storm. You remain in our prayers.
Blessings to you,
Sandi
Old 08-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Hello all!

I just got home after a 3 day trip and wow -- I had to read a lot of pages to catch up!

Billy I have 4 chihuahua's! Did you know they cough for no reason? Even the chihuahua books say, "chihuahua's cough and it is not understood why they cough." I have one little 3.5 pound lady (she is 12.5 years old)that has coughing attacks quite regulary. It sounded like your chihuahua had more of a breathing problem, though, than a coughing problem. I hope your little chihuahua is doing ok.

Nancy
Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
[
I am supposed to pick up some scraps from a woman I know tomorrow. They are small, leftovers from an Accuquilt Pro.

If anyone knows of any person that needs scraps and can really use them not sell them, let me know. I have no problem sharing as long as they don't try and make a profit from it. I would rather it go to someone who really needs it!
I just had a pm from someone on the board thinking I was talking about them. When I said I don't like people who take things for a profit it was a result of what happened over the weekend NOT ON THIS BOARD!!!

I volunteered at a charity center in downstate New York where people could go in for $2.00 admission and take ANYTHING they want. There is everything there at some point or another including furniture, appliances, food (which is handed out), clothes, and much, much more. It is really a fantastic place that helps many people.

What happened is some folks came in with the large black garbage bags and just filled them and crammed them into vans. They didn't pick and choose, they just grabbed. They had so much stuff they had to push the doors closed! You know they were just going to sell it, and maybe they did need the money, but a lot of other people needed the items also.

I hope I didn't offend anyone on this board! That certainly was not my intention. This board has been wonderful to me and helped me out tremendously especially this post! I have learned so much and feel that we are all friends here.

I get things for free or nearly free at times like yesterday, and whatever I don't or can't use, I like to pass it along to someone who can.

I really am sorry if I did offend anyone!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:32 PM

Great news Quilterguy27!! Since you can't sew you will just have to scout the internet for us for any great vintage buys!! :) Hope you get a lot of rest in so that you will recover quickly! :)

Jan - That's too bad that happened to you and also at the center. I am still sometimes amazed at how good intentions can be abused.

Next week we will be going on a 'roadtrip' to visit my BIL in the Niagara area and DD's inlaws in upper NY state. I can hardly wait to do some 'antiquing' - might find a forgotten machine that is just waiting for me :)
Old 08-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
I really am sorry if I did offend anyone!
Did not offend me :).