Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter
Here is a picture of the slide plate from my 1891 New Home and as you can see the first digit sure looks like an "L". I had called Janome last summer on dating it and couldn't remember if we decided it was an "L" or a 1. I called Janome today and it is a 1. Sorry, I made a mistake, I'll admit that I'm not perfect!
Judy
Thats okay I was thinking that we might have found something out of the ordinary or something. I knew I didnt have anything with letters in front of it.:lol:

Billy
Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Billy[/quote]

Billy do you have wheels/castors for the old treadles? I need a couple wheels/castors for my Davis Vertical Feed, although, I am still not sure I am going to keep it. I still haven't gotten it to work. Waiting for the book to arrive so I can figure out what I am doing wrong!

Nancy
Old 12-14-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Glenn
I think this is a great idea. I am like you there is nothing better than making a guilt with a vintage treadle. I even like the smell of the old machines!!! :lol:
Glenn you need to post some photos of your acquisition on here. You know how we love photos!!!

Billy
I'm not glen--but-- here you are.

Singer 191--a commercial machine. Know anything about it? I know it is powerful and will sew through anything. Straight and back only. Came from a garment factory.

Singer Touch and Sew 629 I've got the bobbin holder out and can't figure out how to get it back in. Lady who gave it to me said it works.

Singer 191
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143198[/ATTACH]

191 tension
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143199[/ATTACH]

Touch and Sew 629
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143200[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143193.jpe   attachment-143194.jpe   attachment-143195.jpe  
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Banned

Here is a post I need you guys to help me with if you can.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82751-1.htm

Billy
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy
Billy do you have wheels/castors for the old treadles? I need a couple wheels/castors for my Davis Vertical Feed, although, I am still not sure I am going to keep it. I still haven't gotten it to work. Waiting for the book to arrive so I can figure out what I am doing wrong!

Nancy[/quote]

I dont have any casters that I now about. I had some replacement casters that were made from ceramic, but I am out of them right now.

Billy
Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 AM

Quick question about my featherweight...does it use just the standard readily available sewing machine needles or does it require special ones?
Need to replace a broken needle and don't want to use the wrong ones!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned

The standard 15x1 needles are the ones you need for the Featherweight.

Billy
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I dont have any casters that I now about. I had some replacement casters that were made from ceramic, but I am out of them right now.

Billy
Thanks Billy, I will watch e-bay then.

Nancy
Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by grammy17

Singer Touch and Sew 629 I've got the bobbin holder out and can't figure out how to get it back in. Lady who gave it to me said it works.
That blue touch n sew is the same machine I learned to sew on when I was little. It was my mom's old machine and when she got a new one, she handed the blue one down to my sisters and I. I did a lot of barbie clothes on that thing! I never took the bobbin holder out though..
Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by grammy17

Singer 191--a commercial machine. Know anything about it? I know it is powerful and will sew through anything. Straight and back only. Came from a garment factory.

Grammy 17, that is a very impressive 191! I know nothing about the Touch and Sew 629. Do you have a manual?

I noticed that the piecing next to the machine (I assume you are doing) looks to be done on a serger or maybe with a hemming stitch? Or is that done with the 191?

Nancy

Nancy