Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Does anyone know anything about a "New National" Hand Crank Machine? What should I look for to tell if it is complete?
What kind of price range do they tend to go for? Thanx in advance. luv2learn
I have (at least) one:

That is beautiful Johnny!!!

Billy
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have (at least) one:[/quote Miz Johhny]

Billy
What he said!!! Very beautiful machine. Of course, haven't seen any of yours that aren't.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
I have (at least) one:

Billy
What he said!!! Very beautiful machine. Of course, haven't seen any of yours that aren't.[/quote]

Oh, believe me--I have some real dogs. This one didn't look so great before it's spiff and polish.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:02 PM

If I knew what the name of the machine was I might could help you. I have lots of Serial numbers/dates and records from different manufacturers on my laptop I might have what you need.

Billy
Do you have any info on my machine Billy? It is a SERATA serial #640765. It is a vibrating shuttle and the manufacturer is the Robert Nelson & Co. I would like to find out how old it is. The wood case is absolutly beautiful and the decals are in pretty good shape.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122536.jpe   attachment-122537.jpe  
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
If I knew what the name of the machine was I might could help you. I have lots of Serial numbers/dates and records from different manufacturers on my laptop I might have what you need.

Billy
Do you have any info on my machine Billy? It is a SERATA serial #640765. It is a vibrating shuttle and the manufacturer is the Robert Nelson & Co. I would like to find out how old it is. The wood case is absolutly beautiful and the decals are in pretty good shape.
Its going to be a badged machine and I am going to have to dig in my PL and see what I have to be able to decipher the manufacturer.

Billy
Old 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Where to you get your boyle size 10 Nancy that is what is recomended or the 2x1. 15x1 seems to work okay but would like to have the right size if I can. Glenn
Glenn I have been watching E-bay for the 127x1 for my W&W and 9W machines and the Boye 10 for my Davis machine. I have been able to accumulate quite a stash that way. I just watch and when they are under $10 I buy them one tube at a time.

Nancy
Old 02-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
Well there ya go again. I leave this board alone for 3 hours and BAM, 4 more pages of posts to read. How am I going to get any quilting done?
Actually, I finished my niece's purple and blue quilt tonight, in time for guild show and tell Thursday, then pack her up and mail it in time for her birthday , first week of March. Wahooo!
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to finish a quilt! We need to see a picture!

Nancy
Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Does anyone know anything about a "New National" Hand Crank Machine? What should I look for to tell if it is complete?
What kind of price range do they tend to go for? Thanx in advance. luv2learn
I have (at least) one:
Miz Johnny I love the machine! Really nice, do you have any idea about the year?

Nancy
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM

[quote=kwendt]
[The 99 is]

Billy, can I make a 66-6 (belt driven motor, not a spoked handwheel) into a treadle machine head? The handwheel is solid, but it does take the belt off the motor. So, just take off the electric gagets and put the treadle belt on it in place of where the electric one goes now? Seems too simple, what am I missing.... ?
If you recall from all that note taking and reading of this thread, Purplefiend (Sharon) and I have Singers with solid wheels in treadles. Sharon has her Singer 237 (link to a 237 http://reocities.com/Heartland/estat...g_sing237.html) and I have my 201.

I got my idea to use my 201 this way from Sharon's posts. I would just try it out to see if it works. That is what I did. Best idea, that and Sharon's suggestion of dental floss to hold treadle belt instead of the staple. Thank you Sharon!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I love the lion on that machine! I wish I could help you but I have looked and can't find anything more than you did. Billy/Miz Johnny what do you guys know? I am curious too.

Nancy