Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 10 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2279

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Redsquirrel,

Your 99 is in very good condition! The decals appear to be totally intact! Congratulations! She's a beauty!

Jeanette Frantz

Hi dnorton, thank you for answering. There is a little silver tab there and I tried using it and all it does is flop. I can turn the knob but the silver thing just flops, so if I hold the knob with my hand I get a zig zag and I was wondering if that is what that silver thing was supposed to do. What gets me is I bought this machine as a reconditioned machine. Right now I need to find another belt for it because the belt broke. So won't be sewing with it for a while. I was happy with the way it did sew but not happy finding out it doesn't work properly!
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Beautiful, I got to see a museum in former East Germany that switched from making guns to sewing machines. Regretably it was before I knew how much I liked the old girls.
    Last edited by HelenAnn; 11-04-2013 at 03:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Hi dnorton, thank you for answering. There is a little silver tab there and I tried using it and all it does is flop. I can turn the knob but the silver thing just flops, so if I hold the knob with my hand I get a zig zag and I was wondering if that is what that silver thing was supposed to do. What gets me is I bought this machine as a reconditioned machine. Right now I need to find another belt for it because the belt broke. So won't be sewing with it for a while. I was happy with the way it did sew but not happy finding out it doesn't work properly!
    If you bought it as reconditioned you should be able to take it back and have them either fix it or show you how it works. Likely, you have to pay for parts like the belt.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    I have one machine that similarly mistified me, found that you actually need to either push or pull the knob at the setting you're wanting. maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    ...Now have to match up the decals by painting them on! Oh what fun.
    I may be able to help there. If I get the time today to check my files, I think I have the original Singer Patent for that decal set which includes line art of the designs. it'd be a good head start to correct. Also Let me know if I can be of assistance with the "brass bit"

This is my White Treadle FR out of it's cabinet which is a twig style only it has been painted an awful enamel black.
    I have a second cabinet but unfortunately it has a different opening so I can't trade them out unless my hubby and son can to an "under pan transfer" and an opening modification.
    As you can see the machine isn't in bad condition but the decals are half off. Funny thing is that the center of the bed should have a decal but it looks like someone removed it in the past and left light gouges and one deep gouge in it's place!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cathie in Ut
    Who tends to be like a bird who is distracted by sparkly and shiny things!

This is the cabinet that won't fit my machine...I have never seen one online like this before.
    Wondered if someone cobbled together parts to make it a married cabinets? It does have White on the treadle which isn't visible in this photo.
    Any ideas?
    Cathie in Ut

Blog Entries
    Well when Glenn was here we tried to make bastard cabinets as Glenn calls them. It is a LOT of work and not very good results. I think I posted somewhere on QB some pics - I hijacked someone's thread. AH there is is... http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-new-$11-legs-t232419.html I don't know why but it doesn't make a link.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

I've seen several like this one. Some of the Whites have the "Mushroom" style cover plates, others are flush with the machine base. I'm sure you'll find another twig cabinet. It will certainly pop up just after you've done all your modifications!

Oh my goodness.... where do you find this stuff, Steve?
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Oh my goodness.... where do you find this stuff, Steve?
    I consult the oracle Google.... Google has a virtual copy of the patent Database scans and you can search them.

go to Google patent search and search for sewing machine and you get 4,960,000 matches!!! you need to be somewhat specific to find things....

Thank you Thank you!!
    Thanks to the sharp eyes of Cathy, this beauty was acquired at a local garage sale for $50 Great condition, no breaks, clean jaws, functional spring, intact rubber bumpers. Awesome!!!!

Name:  2013-11-06 19.24.16_sm.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  117.0 KB

This is called a Post Leg Vise. It is blacksmithing vise where the leg is mounted to the ground so that the force from hammering is contained. Most Vises bounce when you drive any real force, these do not.

Most go for a couple hundred bucks in intact condition!

Name:  IMG_0125.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  134.7 KB
    My most recent acquisition, of unknown Japanese manufacture without a JAnumber originally with a "Capri" decal that came off with all the nicotine. Has been CLAd, rewired, and loaded with V-69 polyester to fabricate outdoor cushion covers for my daughter.
    Ron in NW MO

I thought that I would share a few of the machines I have been working on recently. Most of them are not mine.
    ~G~

Name:  IMG_2016.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  658.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1840.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  911.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1678.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  950.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1618.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  832.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1350.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  714.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1567.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  988.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1235.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  660.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1171.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  880.5 KB

Name:  pfaff 230 tan after wipedown.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  835.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1417.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  685.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post

Name:  IMG_1171.jpg
Size:  880.5 KB
    Grant, that Pfaff is superb and it appears to be brand new!
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    Grant, that Pfaff is superb and it appears to be brand new!
    Thank you Mike. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in how the handwheel came out, but everything else came out well.
    That one had the Coffee grinder attachment. I have done a couple of other Pfaff 130's without it and I liked how they ran. The one with the coffee grinder had a tinny sound when it ran because of that attachment. Does anyone know if that is normal?
    ~G~

Coffee grinder attachment?? Really?? Photo please?!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
    Coffee grinder attachment?? Really?? Photo please?!
    My bad. The Pfaff that I posted was one without the Coffee Grinder attachment. This is the one with it before I cleaned it up. It is the part on the back where the light would go normally.
    ~G~

Name:  IMG_9514.jpg
Size:  1.10 MB

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    My bad. The Pfaff that I posted was one without the Coffee Grinder attachment.
    I was completely perplexed until I looked this up. For everyone else, the coffee grinder attachment is embroidery-related and doesn't grind coffee
    If it were a Necchi I wouldn't have questioned it!
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

Already posted these on a separate thread but I wanted to share here in case you missed me Happy Dancing in Utah

Here is the new girl in town! Singer 27-4 and pretty cabinet too boot!

Cathie in Ut

My dad loves to fix and restore things, as do I, but he has more space for it. Soo... when I bought Miss Rosie last week, I delivered my six drawer to him for storage. I said to wait until work finished for the year and I'd come over and restore it, but he couldn't wait! Here she is after only one week.
    Name:  six_drawer_cabinet_finished.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  166.9 KB
    I'd already Muv'ed the machine head but the cabinet is all his work. He took everything apart, re-glued, re-attached, re-screwed and the only thing he couldn't get perfect was the veneer, so I'm buying a leaf this week. I do love a job well done. We're probably equally proud of each other. Now if only there were money in this business.

About all I can say is Gorgeous!

What a lovely cabinet your Dad did a wonderful job. I love the lighter oak finish and I will use it for inspiration for DH when he gets to work on my cabinet!
    Cathie in Ut

Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 10 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast