Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Well that makes things easier.... >

Well that makes things easier....

Well that makes things easier....

Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Power Poster

Well, now that one is now a must have. I'm wondering about finding a big old magnetic sign to put down to catch the stray wondering screws that seem to be gobbled up by my floor.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM

Miriam, TSC has the magnetic dishes in 2 sizes that I use for my sewing stuff. you put a screw in the dish it won't go anywhere. Harbor Freight might have them too. I bought 2 or 3 sets because they were on clearance for $5 each set. I was nice and gave DH a set for his shop. I also got a couple of magnetic sticks ( they pull out and you can pick stuff up off floor or from behind an immovable object if necessary. Sure saves on my back.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
Miriam, TSC has the magnetic dishes in 2 sizes that I use for my sewing stuff. you put a screw in the dish it won't go anywhere. Harbor Freight might have them too. I bought 2 or 3 sets because they were on clearance for $5 each set. I was nice and gave DH a set for his shop. I also got a couple of magnetic sticks ( they pull out and you can pick stuff up off floor or from behind an immovable object if necessary. Sure saves on my back.
I have those things, too. It is that stray screw that flies across the room... and lands in the worst possible place of course.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Wow, I hear that!! Sure, I fumble the odd screw while trying to put it back on the machine, but it's usually the bobbin case screws, the ones I don't have over the table to catch them. I found one 4 ft behind me once. No wonder it took me 20 mins to find it. I probably need a room sized electromagnet. I have the little magnetic dishes too and I love them, I use one per machine on my desk, but it's once you remove the screw from it that stuff hits the fan.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 PM

Very nice invention!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing these ideas!