Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What's on your Vintage Wishlist? >

What's on your Vintage Wishlist?

What's on your Vintage Wishlist?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM

I have a 201 in an art deco mahagony finish cabinet and a singer 4 drawer red eye treadle that I wish I could send to you who are wishing for them! I am downsizing machines and house in 2013. The only vintage machine I will be keeping is my Jones handcrank. (Jones is my last name, couldnt part with it!) I hope you ALL get your wishes this year!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 AM

I have an Elna Super 62C that is the love of my life. It and I have been through just about everything from tonneau covers to antique lace shirts. Never a hiccup, forget a glitch, until some gear in the cam stack gave up the ghost Christmas 2010. The Elna dealer tells me I need a new cam stack - the whole thing, and Elna is not supporting that machine in the US for either repair or parts. P

The manager of the Elna repair/parts center in the US tells me the above and goes on to put the icing on the cake: There isn't even a repair manual for that machine at the center in the US.

I have the name and address of the gentleman who is the president of Elna corporation and, if forced, will write that letter and hope for an answer. BUT, if someone just happens to have a complete cam stack, I know where there is a machine that would be thrilled. She MUST miss me as much as I miss her. I have a wonderful dealer who can do magnificent transplants. An aside: To my knowledge he has not tried hearts yet.

I have kept my eyes out for a couple of years now and cannot find a donor machine, a part, etc. that can be depended upon to work. My computer has gone to the parts supply sites so often that all I have to do is whisper "cam stack" and off we go in alpha order. I am going to keep looking.

The other vintage machines that have lowered themselves to share my sewing room with me all are magnificent machines. They just do not have the feel and response of my elderly Elna mechanical machine. I am trying hard to love them, but ....

I WANT MY ELNA. Sniff.

Thank you for holding my hand. If you know where to find ....

Happy Holidays,

Pat
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by w1613s View Post
I have an Elna Super 62C that is the love of my life. It and I have been through just about everything from tonneau covers to antique lace shirts. Never a hiccup, forget a glitch, until some gear in the cam stack gave up the ghost Christmas 2010. The Elna dealer tells me I need a new cam stack - the whole thing, and Elna is not supporting that machine in the US for either repair or parts. P

The manager of the Elna repair/parts center in the US tells me the above and goes on to put the icing on the cake: There isn't even a repair manual for that machine at the center in the US.

I have the name and address of the gentleman who is the president of Elna corporation and, if forced, will write that letter and hope for an answer. BUT, if someone just happens to have a complete cam stack, I know where there is a machine that would be thrilled. She MUST miss me as much as I miss her. I have a wonderful dealer who can do magnificent transplants. An aside: To my knowledge he has not tried hearts yet.

I have kept my eyes out for a couple of years now and cannot find a donor machine, a part, etc. that can be depended upon to work. My computer has gone to the parts supply sites so often that all I have to do is whisper "cam stack" and off we go in alpha order. I am going to keep looking.

The other vintage machines that have lowered themselves to share my sewing room with me all are magnificent machines. They just do not have the feel and response of my elderly Elna mechanical machine. I am trying hard to love them, but ....

I WANT MY ELNA. Sniff.

Thank you for holding my hand. If you know where to find ....

Happy Holidays,

Pat
I found the gear on line for about $15 - why does it need the whole camstack?
You might consider taking Ray White's class or buy a different Elna and keep your accessories and disks.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM

I have a blue million sewing machines currently not in usable condition in my hideaway spot in my sewing room. I am not sure I can get to it before Christmas, but I am sure that I have two older Elnas under there, and will check and get back to you sometime after the first of the year (if I don't forget). Now someone needs to tell me how to "archive" this thought, so when I think of it again, I can find it without going through all our postings since I joined this board. And if you are really desperate, tell me so, and I'll make my son go out there and dig.....
Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Banned

My Wishlist....

An aluminum 201 for Heather
A fiddle based machine (preferred handcrank)
A civil war years manufactured machine
Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 PM

My wish recently came true when I found a Rocketeer in perfect condition with 24 cams!! Life is good!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
My wish recently came true when I found a Rocketeer in perfect condition with 24 cams!! Life is good!
My wish is to buy out another hoarder... LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 04:58 PM

Dear Santa,
Please bring some Vintage Time to go with my vintage machines.
Thank you.
Kay

p.s. I'll leave you some sewing machine shaped cookies under the tree. . .
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=qltgrose;5724621]I have a 201 in an art deco mahagony finish cabinet and a singer 4 drawer red eye treadle that I wish I could send to you who are wishing for them! I am downsizing machines and house in 2013. The only vintage machine I will be keeping is my Jones handcrank. (Jones is my last name, couldnt part with it!) I hope you ALL get your wishes this year![/QUOTE

I have a 201k treadle that was my very first people powered machine, originally it was a hand crank.

For my wish list I'd like these: a White Rotary treadle; or maybe a Singer clone in a blue,green or hot pink color, I have mostly black machines with fancy decals. Also a bigger house to store all my toys.

Last edited by purplefiend; 12-17-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added text
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM

I Jones handcrank with pretty decals for display. With rotator cuff issues in my right arm/shoulder, I won't be handcranking for a while.

w1315s, I have the machine you want, but mine has sewn everything I've asked since 1973 so she won't be leaving me.