Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Windsor B, cast iron base, Electrified - Free >

Windsor B, cast iron base, Electrified - Free

Windsor B, cast iron base, Electrified - Free

Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Sorry, It is a Windsor Model B, made by the National Sewing Machine Company. It has one serial number on the slide and a different one on the bed under the slide... working on the dating of the unit now.
hey steve - that is one cool, nice machine. your EX surely love you so much, ha. and for free. just awesome. getting your hand so full ? you can throw some of your old machines here or better yet, i could drive down there and i will surely take care of them. i mostly am into antique/vintage machines as i can tinker them. but recently got myself a 301A as i can't resist it. thanks.

PS: i am looking for a knee controller bar for my 28 and one of the member here mentioned that you could make one from scratch. is that something i should explore ? how much will it cost me ? will it be just better to check eBAY ? thanks again.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

Yeah, my ex and I are still a parenting team....

My little version of this machine is currently collecting duct on my workbench. I only kept it because I was hoping to turn it into a handcrank, but the "national" style handcranks are hard to come by (here anyway)

Then I found a 3/4 New Home handcrank that I absolutely love to sew with....

Oldsewnsew has expressed an interest in the motor from this one. I will pull the machine out tonight and take a couple of motor pics. (BTW the foot shaped pedal would need to go with it)

I do not want to run afoul of the powers that be so I will NOT post the machines I am currently trying to re-home (hopefully without losing ALL of the money I spent to buy them) but if folks have seen me post pictures of electric machines that they would be interested in please PM me.

P.S. Email me about the knee bar. All you would need to do is to come down to my shop with the 28 and about 1-2 hours of time and then we can fab one up.