Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 171 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

MEDALLION STYLE QUILT SEW ALONG BY ELISABRAT

Hi! I have decided it would be so much fun to make a medallion style quilt with all of you. Each month we will be working on one new round to circle our center medallion. The starting center will be 12.5 inches to 24.5 inches of your choice or follow along with the pattern that I post. Each subsequent month there will be two choices of rounds for you to sew one easy one a bit more challenging. This way each of us can make a round that is closer to our personal abilities. I will be working up the easier designs and Jaba will be making the ones that are a tad harder or labor intensive. With so many choices we will all be making a medallion quilt yet the possibilities of such a variety of quilts that can come out of this are amazing and you will find out how addicting these things really can be!

I hope that many of you chose to sign up. Its a great way to explore new borders and possibilities for your quilting experience. We will learn new tricks with each other and share our projects. Posting pictures is so much of the fun and the chatter is just as exciting. I will be posting the new rounds on the 1st of each month by 9 am Mountain time. So join in on the fun with me and lets make some amazing quilts! These quilts will have one center and six rounds each round being anywhere from 3.5" to 9.5" inches wide. So the larger your center the larger your quilt will end up. Please count on at least 3 yrds of focal fabric and an estimated 3 yrds of coordinating fabrics to finish a larger sized lap quilt. This is a great quilt to make scrappy if you like scrappy or coordinated scrappy. We will discuss this all together at the beginning of the quilt along in more detail. See you January 1st! Elisabrat
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

ps the nice thing about this is there is no shipping involved as we are working on our own quilts, you will end up with something that you love in your own fabrics and well it is a good place to learn before you sign up for a round robin with a group. I am so excited to get this party started!!!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

This sounds fun, I have not done a Medallion style quilt before. I think I will start looking for something. I have a few panels that I got for doing fractured quilts, I bet I could use one of them for this. Will look over the weekend.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a great idea. Not sure I have a medallion I'd like to use, but I'm sure one of the quilt stores does. I'll look after Christmas. See you in January.

I am so in on this. I have two materials that I bought in New England that are for center quilts and I do so want to make them. I may do two at a time. thank you Elisabrat for doing this.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I hope to participate in this one too! Thank you for organizing this...

I'm in. Love to learn new quilting design ideas
    Sweet Caroline

Elisabrat: I am so with you on this. As I've said before I have wanted to do a medallion for years. Attached is a Dover design I had blown up years ago, it measures 34 X34 but I still think I could use it if I made the boarders smaller or even used fewer. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forgot to mention I would applique the design.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like something new for me to learn. I will give it a go.
    Have an awesome day!

Page 1 of 171 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast