Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-07-2015, 04:51 PM

Hi Everyone, I am so upset with myself for not reading instructions correctly.. I cut the sashing strips wrong and now I have to hunt for fabric that will go with my Mystery.. I know it's supposed to be scrappy but I guess I didn't read that part either..

Safe Traveling Bev & OK...

Jan, Have you been following the Quilt -Pro block of the day??? Some really cute 4" blocks lately..I save most of them..Nice little basket today..
Old 03-07-2015, 06:16 PM

I do follow the Blocks of the Day. I love the houses and would like to do something with the house blocks and trees. I have so many blocks printed out that I'll have to live to 112 years old to use them up (and then I'll print more). I also have some of the Quilt Pro programs with even more of their blocks of the day. I download them when they're on sale for $9.99. Can't beat that price--over 500 patterns for $9.99. I like that I can change the size to what I need but I'm really liking working with the 4" (darn OK for showing us how cute minis are LOL). Did you ever get to NC?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:30 PM

We're leaving on Thursday for 6-8 weeks..I hope..that's if there are no calamities up here while we're gone..I already warned my boss that I'll be away and not to get sick until I get back!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 05:17 AM

Enjoy, the six to eight weeks, Honchey. If I were leaving the winter scenes behind, there might be three tracks in the snow....two foot prints...and a rear-end dragging not wanting to get out in it..LOL! Love the comfort of the inside, warm and cozy. Of course, automobiles are warm and cozy with heated seats now, too. But long drives make the olde bones ache. We have both decided two days of traveling back to CC, TX., is not going to happen.

Hope your weather has gotten better, JanRn and Honchey. Beautiful here up to 32 this morning already. Busy week but will try to get into the QR sooner or later. Take care everyone.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:31 AM

We are heading up the coast for our monthly RV trip today. Suppose to have weather in the high 70's, should be fun!
Old 03-09-2015, 05:33 PM

Hi Everyone, I've been fluttering around the house gathering my "Stuff"to take with me to NC..I'm very busy doing my thing ..packing up my two "mysteries" to hopefully get them to the "finished top" stage.. Oh and all my littly bitty pieces I've been working on forever..

It was a gorgeous day today..Went out early today to do some errands and was back home by 1 pm to do my fluttering.... If you don't hear from me it's because I'm a little busy right now.. take car & see ya in a few days..H
Old 03-10-2015, 06:12 AM

If Dublb is traveling, Ok traveling, JeanieG on the road, Honchey is packing, does that mean JanRN and I are the only ones left to talk? Wait, Carrie should be about, but she was very busy. Who have I missed???? Say "Hello"...?????
Old 03-10-2015, 06:33 AM

Hi QNS--I will be traveling to my retreat tonight. So won't be about much.

Just thought I would check in quick...things are all packed and ready to go. DD (13yrs, youngest) is going to retreat with me this time. She has a quilt she's been working on for a while and I thought this would help her just get it done. I plan to work on blocks for oldest DD's graduation quilt and on a couple quilt tops I am donating to a hospice house where a friend of mine stayed til the end of her battle with cancer.

Hope everyone has a great week/weekend!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:55 AM

I hope everyone enjoys their trips. Heck, I was excited for my trip this morning: MrJanRn & I went to Costco and Omaha Steaks store LOL. I feel like I haven't been out of the house forever.

Got all the QOTS mini blocks done now I need to make 9 more to complete the design I chose for layout. I love these and am looking forward to more starting next month. Hopefully will have a pic for you by the week-end.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 AM

Carrie, enjoy that retreat for all of us who are staying at home! LOL!

JanRN I am looking forward to seeing your mini blocks all done. Like so many projects, I have them all downloaded, but not started. Yours might get me started to do half as well...

Off tomorrow to see my retina doctor one more time, and hope its the last one...they have done all they can. Of course, BB and I will see a quilt shop or two along the way and eat at Red Lobster! Fun day, excellent weather predicted.

Beautiful day today. Everyone enjoy the day!