Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-01-2015, 04:34 AM

Good morning! Sun is shining and it's supposed to go to 55* today (right now it's 20*). All winter our entire area has been following 2 bald eagle families via webcams. Both had 2 eggs in their nests. Found out this week that none of the eggs survived the winter weather, no eaglets this year. Bald eagles are rare around here, returned just last year and 3 eaglets survived.

Usually when MrJan travels I clean my house from top to bottom. Well, I've done none of that and now I'm having some fellow quilters over on Friday. Guess how I'll be spending my next 2 days LOL. They want to try out my Sweet 16, both have machines on Gracie frames but aren't satisfied with the amount of actual quilting space you get before having to roll the quilt. Six months ago I would have given them mine--hated it. But something "clicked" and now I'm getting the hang of FMQ. I've gone beyond stippling (a little, still use it a lot) and have done leaves, flowers, stars, etc. I'm excited. Can't get the hang of feathers--mine look like wieners on a stick.

Have a great day ladies, do something you love while I slave away cleaning!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:19 AM

Good for you Jan! Practice is the KEY factor in learning how to do anything well..

Didn't win in Bingo last nite.. had many chances but alas someone else beat me to the punch...

Today I'll be working on the star squares..have to go to the post office to mail off some Easter cards for the GK's.

Bob and I are going out for breakfast so I'll see Y'all later. H.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

I should be cleaning..Will have about 25 for dinner on Easter..
Worked outside yesterday..Got one flower bed cleaned..think I'm going to put rocks down..only a few hostas in the bed..scrounged around and found a couple of old bottomless pails for some geraniums. Then fixed dinner and had a nap. Got one living room window cleaned then back outside. Was surprised that the grass was burnable in a spot where I can't mow so spent until after dark watching fire..body sore now..going to run recyclables to drop off point, then outside for awhile before I head to town. QB and I going to work on HQ the quilt the guild is making for fall auction. Guess I have my day planned.

Bummer..no bingo winning, H.

Eagle cam in our area hatched 3 again this year. Love seeing the eagles...mostly in the winter..soon the turkey vultures will be returning. When they come the eagles move out for the summer. Have seen lots of robins and now red winged blackbirds are back as well. Last night heard a killdeer.DH said he saw several the other day...I think it's safe to say Spring is here. Where's the Pirates banner?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:33 AM

Well, I finished up the twenty five stars, and squares them off; not the eight and one half inch squares. So, I need to throw them aside and start over again, I guess. First seven I made before the twenty five came out right, so I will make just five at a time and measure closer all the way....eight and a quarter does not work....other side closer to an eight inch. So I try it again....again....and get it right.

Ok, sounds like a couple of good producing cows; do you have some of their daughters in the herd?

dublb, its nice to know you are rowing' the money over.

Have fun quilting, folks.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Sounds like lots of new potholders for QNS. Who cares if the points are cut off!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM

I would make 'em inta potholders also Sue.
I sprayed painted some primer onta a set o' shelves that I plan on hangin' on the wall o' my sewin' room. Well I did that after my youngest DGS came over.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:13 PM

Looks like its been a busy day for everyone, and no time to write a line here. We made a trip to my hometown and i ran some errands there and it wore both us out. Had to come home and rest a while....all afternoon and evening. Delivered an Easter Lily next door; she is having health problems.

Tomorrow is QR day. Thie or that to do with the day. Have a good one.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM

Yes it was a busy day for me. Laundry, dishes ect... then I did some cuttin' for a few blocks that I am workin' on. Had ta pick up my DGN as usual then supper & finally spent th'sevenin w/DH.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:51 PM

Hi Everyone, I stayed up late last nite and had a miserable day today..I've been having a hard time with the stars I'm re-sewing after taking them apart... then one of the ladies asked me to look at the bobbin winder on her Kenmore sewing machine that wasn't working anymore..put the bobbin on, pulled the hand wheel out (clutch) then noticed the brake was pushed to far in..I moved it out then pushed the bobbin over, pressed the foot pedal and we were in business!!! I call the little lever that allows the thread to fill the bobbing the brake cause that's what it does..I stops the winder from winding...She was so happy she didn't have to have it serviced...all in a day's work..

Jan, QOTS is having another round of Mini's...more fun for you!

Spoke to the GK's yesterday, they can be so funny when they're talking on the phone..I should say to the phone as it's always on the speaker...they laugh and giggle to themselves and forget that we can hear them!!!
I have everything ready to make brownies tomorrow on the counter..I've been craving sweets lately I don't like a lot of icing tho on them..just walnuts and chocolate chips mixed in the batter....going to play a few games then going to be in bed by midnight, I hope..see ya tomorrow..H.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Power Poster

Time to call it a day here...Was beat after all the running I did yesterday..like you Honchey it made a miserable start to the day..didn't accomplish anything until after noon.. but then did get 2 refrigerators cleaned out. The main one had such dirty shelves, I had to take them out and wash them. Then got the mud room/laundry cleaned. Tomorrow I mop kitchen and dining room floors and tidy up the living room..better get to bed so I'm well rested.