Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-01-2015, 06:01 AM

Yesterday, my DM & I went ta Giddings ta take care o' my DGM's grave. We got all o' the arrangements started ta get the cement border & gravel ta cover the graves. It was a nice drive. Some Mother/Daughter time. We met DD & 2 DGK's there & ate lunch w/'em then we got our business done. Next we drove up ta Dime Box & checked out the grave. It was in much better shape than it was early March. Then I saw the Dime Box museum & talked my DM inta stoppin'. I just loved it. We also stopped & talked ta one o' my DM's cousin's. He didn't recognize her at first. LOL Anyway we are back in Brady now. Long day.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:43 AM

Hi Guys, We didn't stay overnite anywhere 'cause we decided to avoid traffic and not go the way we normally do and the Hotel we tried to stay at was booked up so we arrived home last nite after 11 p.m. it was so cold in the house...My son didn't know we were arriving a day sooner so he didn't have a chance to up the thermostat...thank goodness the electric blanket was still on the bed..we also started a fire in the wood box. it's now 10:30 a.m. and I'm still tired..
I'm working next week, Tuesday & Wednesday...Have to get my "fix"...can't wait to be in surroundings I so enjoy! I also got an extra 20% off in the mail..I'm sure I can find something to use it on..
DH just walked in with warm cinnamon/raisin bagels and I'm verrry hungry..see y'all later..H.

ps. Just read the PM from Patrice..It's a go...New thread! start thinking about how many a week and the title of the thread..We will keep the PC one going..

Last edited by Honchey; 05-01-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Hi Carrie...this time of your life is so full..I remember it well and sneaking in "me time" is such a treat.

I have been keeping up on posts, but that's about all. Spring always busy when the sun shines. DH hauled two big skid steer buckets of cow lot dirt..I refilled and top dressed my garden beds with it one 5 gallon pail at a time..is it any wonder why I sleep well at night but wake with aching muscles....those. cinnamon rolls sound good about now, Honchey. Did you get enough for everyone to have with mid morning coffee?......

I have decided to pass on the sew along..don't have the other two done and don't want to start another UFO.. maybe I can sew along with blocks in the other quilts.....I'd hate to miss out on everyone's chatter.

Need to get back to work..going to pick up beef from the locker..we have been out of hamburger for a while and DH is craving a big juicy burger and bun. Also picking up oil filter and new lawn mower blades so I can start that weekly chore..ugh.....Must also keep an eye on the mailbox. :-)
Old 05-01-2015, 09:32 AM

Ok, You are soooo busy and with all you do it's no wonder if you were to sleep for 2 days straight!!!
I don't remember seeing anything about not being able to follow along. You could be our "chief Advisor"! It might be a good incentive for you to finish a few more things relating to the "other" two.. I also haven't finished my first two... although it would be a good incentive for me to finish or at least work on them.
Good to hear from you Carrie..You too are a very busy person.

I'm off to the newly opened Shoprite. I'm sure they have lots of specials going on....Later..H.

Last edited by Honchey; 05-01-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:35 PM

I was able to get 10 more blocks done for DDs quilt...just 14 left.

Honchey, do we know how many blocks and what size they are in the new quilt? How many blocks/week were done for the other two FW quilts? It's been a while so I don't remember.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Two blocks a week, on the last two if I remember correctly, Carrie. I have not seen the new book yet to know how many blocks are in it, although Honchey said it was colorful and no white backgrounds for this one.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:39 PM

I'm not sure but I think the blocks are 6" ...we did 2 blocks a week for the last 2 quiltalongs. this book has 99 blocks and makes a queen size quilt..You can go to Amazon and look at the book...you can also take a peek...
Old 05-03-2015, 12:25 AM

I am back home & #1DSon cooked for me last night. It was awesome! Salmon on the grill!
Last night (It is mornin' after all) I ended up takin' my DM ta the ER for her asthma. She is highly allergic ta Giddings TX. She started coughin' on Thurs night & by th'sevenin' she was in bad shape. 6 hours later, w/a breathin' treatment & a steroid in her IV, she is so muuuuuuuuch better. I hope that I can wind down soon & head ta bed.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:59 AM

Bless you, Dublb, for caring for your DM and taking her to get proper treatment. Every time I go outside this time of year, I pay for it...sinus swells up giving me a head full of stuff. Bridal wreath will really shut off my breathing.

I hope Ok you got the small package.

I laid by UFO quilt tops out on the guest bed last evening to show PattyW what I was working on, finishing up the borders. She was so impressed it encouraged me to continue on them. California Gold is done; Nine patch needs one more blue border to frame the quilt and it is done. Black, green trellis of lilacs is next to border, then finish Grandmothers Garden 3-D quilt....and on to the next one...and the next one, and the next one....with luck I can finish this next year the UFOs...if I limit what I take on as new projects.

May all of you have a good weekend.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:52 AM

Get those quilt tops done Nina!!!! We have a new ride on the horizon!!

Laurie gave me permission to post a photo of her new book.. The photo isn't too clear'
Attached Thumbnails untitled.png