Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM

Ggal that is a beautiful block you made Carriem, top marks indeed..
Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM

Carrie & Gardnergal - that block is awesome! Lucky Carrie!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM

GG and Carrie, gorgeous block!

Another hot day here I think I will stay home today and do nothing!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 PM

DH came into my sewing room this afternoon and said "let's have a look at what fabric you have that might go with these tigers" aarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought there was going to be blood shed when we actually saw my stash but hold on to your chairs. He says "you really don't have much do you", (is he blind!!!!!) I though he was joking but apparently not as he asked what was the best place to search for fabric and I said Hancock's. He then says well lets look at what they have, by now I am ready to faint

It gets better

I find 2 fabrics that would work and he is humming and harring and then says just get both but make sure you get enough so you can play around with the layout.. there was a border print that went with one of the fabrics and he said get that too.... Now I know I am dreaming ... SO I have 13 yards of fabric winging its way to me and I don't have to hide it I might just forgive him for being a pain in the neck earlier (just maybe)

I'll bake him Lemon Squares tomorrow
Old 07-23-2013, 12:32 AM

Karen, that's a keeper. Does he have a brother ??
Old 07-23-2013, 02:50 AM

Anael he has 3 brothers but he is the best of the bunch, in 35 years of marriage I have only met his oldest brother once and have never met his wife or son.. My out-laws er I mean in-laws were a bit strange..
Old 07-23-2013, 04:26 AM

Carrie, I love the block GGal made. The blues are my favorite color and she did an outstanding job. Your quilt is going to be so bright and cheery!

Still working extra days & evenings for the next 2 weeks then hope things slow down so I can get back into my Bat Cave. Worked a little on the 50 Fab stars but not a lot of progress made. Will catch up on everyone soon but hope all have a great day.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

GGal and Carrie M ... wow! Shows how a fabric can really get movement into a block as I can really see that spinning like a pinwheel in the wind!

CarrieM ... ice ice ice and take care of that shoulder!! Slugging bolts of fabric around is probably hard on it! No more Fairs for Quilts til September and I'll enter at 3 or 4 thru to our Thanksgiving. There are no competition classses at the CNE where we do The Story of Butter Display as well as the Dairy Barn milking demos and education centre. Starting to gear up the prep for it, as it's in August.

JeanieG ... Guess that was too obvious for me to google it I like the colour and must remember it. I want to paint my bedroom, though never sure what colour I want. Like your choice, I want something quite neutral so I can show off all my different quilts. I've been thinking a "white" similar to yours or with more of a yellow tone.

MiraB ... oh dear! two more weeks of different tigers. Perhaps you should do one on orange too for him!! So I had that all typed before you posted your update and thought you were in a dream!! I hope that you really OVER ORDERED so there'll be fabric for you for other projects!!!!! BTW 13 yards just does not sound like enough, so maybe better order another 13 today!! .... Did he settle for the black? What a wonderful man that MrMiraB truly is!!!!! Not just Lemon Squares for him, but his whole favourite dinner should be made to his praises!!!! Will look forward to hearing all about the big Quilt Luncheon on Thursday ... of course, pics too! It's so nice that you can have so much time with your DD!!! Thankfully the two of you share your quilting love.

QNSue ... does WalMart not deliver to your home? I know a friend here orders online and can return if not suitable. Sounds like the best option for you.

Anael ... Good plan ... stay home and CHILL! I heard that it was 33.5C in London, England yesterday for the Royal birth, so am thinking you are much the same!

JanRN ... I bet you are mostly recovering between shifts and then back to work each time. Hope it's a little cooler, to let you do so! Then think of all the FARTs in August!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:12 AM

Goodmorning! Oh I forgot to mail my MB AGAIN! so I will do it today... reliably UNreliable... sheesh!

QuiltE I dont have my recipe on me, Im at my sisters, but the noodle is "Acini De Pepe", its small and round, but bigger than tapioca... I dont know if you can find it. I will round up the recipe... Im sure my sister has it somewhere!

!!!!!Chubby Babies!!!!! ohhh they are so darling! Aneal, thanks for the pics, the babies are simply amazing
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Although ... wasn't the original mailing date not til the 25th?
So you're still on time!

We should see a flurry of MBs this week ... yippeeeee!!!!

Please check your mailboxes Ladies ... I mailed my MB and another package the same day which has already been received last week ............ so now I am a-wondering and a-worrying!