Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-21-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
You're sure GG? Not even one tiny easy block??
Bucket list only at this time.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:06 AM

Oh but at least it's on a list
Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Thanks, GardenGal, for the site. I subscribed to the site. I am willing to listen and read everything I can about Dear Jane for it will be a challenge leading to 'new' unknowns for me....and all the 'hints' that I can come across will help.

Also to built up my courage a bit before I sit myself down and begin with the first stitch on Dear Jane journey. Maybe next week...time will tell. Until then, I will dream about finishing the first 10 in each Dear Jane kit. And dream about Stitchin' Heaven's tour of "Quilt Garden and Amish Country Tour" in Northern Indiana June 24-29, 2014... not going , just dreaming. They do have some nice tours...at least, they sound nice.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM

QNS, I've never bought a kit (except for a table runner from Conn Threads). For your DJ, do they send you fabric once a month? Is it for one row at a time? I have to do things in order: A-1, A-2, etc. Is that how yours is going or do you have to jump all over the place? How big are the pieces of fabric they send? I'm always afraid I'll make a mistake and not have enough. I loved the batik fabric they sent you for this month, sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking maybe.........If I ordered the BOM kit then I'd be forced to work on it and finish it instead of just doing a block here or there. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Oh you guys are so teasing me with the talk of DJ! Great quilt pics and of course those darling SewGrands.

On line as I take a minute from Bob C's desk. Have wage/withholding info now done for 2013. Next get W-2 and 1099 info to the tax preparer yet today. I look at the $ coming in and $ going out and it's scary. Always hope more coming in than going out! Then I can put this aside for a while before next semi monthly bookwork and get ready for tax preparer on 2-6 and sew. Have those school projects to get done.

Last week I found mold in my sewing area. It was so cold earlier that frost collected on interior of the wall of the walk out part of basement--and when it warmed up--little spots of mold. Thank goodness I caught it early--but that means all fabric stored on the outside wall of the room is going to have to find a new home--which means a revamp of sewing space yet again. Guess what I'll be doing soon. So much for finishing UFO's. @ Jan What happened to my unicorn and fantasy world?

Later and so anxious to get to sewing!!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:58 PM

JanRN, the kits were offered from Quilting on the Square...both the batik and the reproduction fabric...Dear Jane Kits. They come about the 12th of every month...in January, I received fabric for A-1 through A-10. [ATTACH=CONFIG]457892[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457893[/ATTACH]Dark blue came with the batiks, and the off white/beige came with the reproduction. Now I need to set myself down and read the instructions. Kits should have enough fabric to complete the blocks, directions tell you what to use, and the fabric all comes labeled. They also come with journal pages for you to write down your story as you put it together...and of course, the short version of the original story. When I finish a few, I will post here...its on the calendar for next week, if I can finish Arizona and Arkansas State Stars this week. One wedge of Arizona done of the eight parts this morning. I have new respect for those who have put it together!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0094.jpg   dscn0095.jpg  
Old 01-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Bucket list only at this time.
......... but you want to do that red DJ!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

WORKed all day fighting away with Excel!! Kind of like two steps forward, and one back. The good news is that the draft report is now printing ... and I hope it has few changes so I can get away from it! So am out for air, and will soon say good bye to the computer for today. Supper and then maybe some stitching?

Speaking of Which, is anyone familiar with Excel?
Perhaps BobCratchit has been specializing in it as she crunches her numbers?
Did you hear me screaming HELLLLLLP today???

JanRN ...
Anality set in when I saw those big tulips and I just could not see the back of it, not matched! It really wasn't all that hard ... just tedious and time consuming. Kind of like doing a reverse stack for 4PP/OBW/SAW. Yes brrrrrrrrrrrrrr here too!

GGal ... you had me laughing, and thinking, oh I just wish my computer would have been doing some thinking for me today, as I fought with Excel! Do you think you could have your computer teach mine about how to do that for me? Great DJ Link!

MiraB ... I bet you would like to stay "warm' ... instead of that hot-hot-hot that you ahve been having!

Honchey ... maybe it's telling you to stay home and let that new machine purrrrrr away for you! At this rate, you could have all your take-with-you projects done and will be ready for a FART as soon as you get to NC!

DDamsel ... Quick Hello Back! and Hurry Back!!

QNSue ... You won't want to lean on me for DJ advice! The DJ thread leader seems to have lots of experience and knowledge and is quite willing to share. All those applique blocks are all new to me too, so I am just stumbling along with them and only time will tell whether I continue. Just remember all you know from all the PPing you have been doing as it really is just the same ... just smaller!! A busy lady you will be, doing the two DJs ... ambitious to be doing 20 blocks per month. Thanks re the tulip matching ... I was thrilled with how they matched up.

OKSGlad ... no teasing at all ... we're serious! Oh no, re the mold Good that you discovered it early.

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-21-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 PM

My dh is really good with excel, QuiltE. I adapt want dh fixes up for me with formulas, etc.,so you could email me on what you want to do with it.

Sometimes I charge in where angels fear to go; other times I drag my feet when I just really need to apply myself and go. Don't know what is 'normal' anymore, just trying one step at a time...and resting a bit.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
GGal beware only the first 2 blocks are easy and apparently you shouldn't start with the first block, sets you up for a false sense of "I can do this its easy"