Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

iwillquilt 12-18-2011 04:16 PM

I ordered my book and the cd with the patterns. So I guess I am in. I will be glad of the support of this group since I think I am out of my comfort zone. And yet I am SO excited! Now I can't wait till I get my book and January. :))

SheriR 12-18-2011 11:00 PM

I am ordering the book on amazon. It comes with a cd. I can't find another cd related to the book that has each square. Where would I order this cd?

tomilu 12-19-2011 05:59 AM

You order it from www.caroldoak.com
tomilu

greenini 12-19-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4791870)
I think I shall get mine spiral bound as well. And I would much rather have the CD with the blocks come with the book. All in the name of money, I suppose.

The odd thing is that her other book 300 Paper Pieced Quilt blocks does come with the Foundation Factory CD! It was publ in 2004, our book in 2000 maybe she got some feedback. I am going to take both of the books without the CD in and get the bindings cut off, might as well get 2 done at once, tho I think I will get them bound, with my luck they'd get dropped and wind up all over the floor:D.....

Mad Mimm 12-20-2011 08:27 AM

FYI, Carol Doak's publishing co started adding a CD with printable foundations after much negative customer feedback. Lots of people bought her older publications thinking the CDs would have the patterns and complained when they did not and they had to fork over extra money for the companion CD. So now they are included with her more recent publications.

I borrowed this book from the library and have to return it this week. I did not get a chance to work out of it, as I was busy with presents, etc. So this is just the motivation I need to buy the book and join in the fray. Right now, I will put myself down as a maybe - I have to make sure I can get the book and fabric as a birthday present from my hubby. (My bday is at the very beginning of January, so I'll PM when I know for sure.)

What fun and what a great idea!!!!

PokerDiva 12-20-2011 08:43 AM

My DD's birthday is Christmas Eve, my DS's birthday is Jan. 5 and my birthday is also in Jan. Hope your hubby pays attention and gets you that book. We would love to have you join and Happy Birthday to you.

QUOTE=Mad Mimm;4797190]FYI, Carol Doak's publishing co started adding a CD with printable foundations after much negative customer feedback. Lots of people bought her older publications thinking the CDs would have the patterns and complained when they did not and they had to fork over extra money for the companion CD. So now they are included with her more recent publications.

I borrowed this book from the library and have to return it this week. I did not get a chance to work out of it, as I was busy with presents, etc. So this is just the motivation I need to buy the book and join in the fray. Right now, I will put myself down as a maybe - I have to make sure I can get the book and fabric as a birthday present from my hubby. (My bday is at the very beginning of January, so I'll PM when I know for sure.)

What fun and what a great idea!!!![/QUOTE]

klgreene 12-20-2011 08:50 AM

Dec. B-days....yikes, stepson, 10th stepson 14t, daughter 16th, granddaughter 22, stepson 25 my birthday in Jan.15, and my DH was Nov.27, his sister nov 18, and two granddaughters 11 th and 20th. No wonder we go a little crazy.

PokerDiva 12-20-2011 09:19 AM

OMGosh....Well at least you get it all over at once. LOL.

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4797235)
Dec. B-days....yikes, stepson, 10th stepson 14t, daughter 16th, granddaughter 22, stepson 25 my birthday in Jan.15, and my DH was Nov.27, his sister nov 18, and two granddaughters 11 th and 20th. No wonder we go a little crazy.

klgreene 12-20-2011 10:13 AM

Oh no we don't there are still 3 more kids and 8 more grand kids. 3 more sisters, one more brother, and spouses to all. And my darling mother. Who will be 88 in Feb. Andwe won't go into neices and nepews and all their kids. Thank goodness I put them on a calendar or I would have a real hard time keeping track. LOL

Carsey 12-20-2011 06:30 PM

WOW! We have that same kind of situation in April. Our daughter, and both sons were born in April. 7th, 12th and 21st. My brother is the 19th. My sister is the 26th. My sister-in-law is the 29th. We use to have a big party and put all of the names on a BIG cake.

Blessings!
Carole