Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 02-05-2016 09:08 AM

Hi Everyone, Bob & I arrived safe & sound last nite. We had hoped to miss the rain but it stayed with us all the way down..We did it all in one day..I drove the tail end of the trip for 3 hours...The sun is shining here right now and it feels so good...the car is unpacked and I'll be sorting out all my sewing totes off and on the rest of the day...My Nellie Belle started right up..She was happy to see me :) She's anxious to get back on the road after all the rest she"s had..:)

I've never heard of King Ranch Chicken...Recipe please?

carriem 02-05-2016 09:14 AM

QNS--Sounds like you have a fun day ahead..hope it all works out!

Honchey--Glad you made it safely. :)

I was able to get a little more quilting done yesterday. Today there won't be time...finishing up school now, then lunch and off to work.

dublb 02-05-2016 02:58 PM

King Ranch Chicken
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can of chopped green chilies & diced tomotos (Rotel)
16 corn tortilla's torn into bite size pieces
2 cups of shredded cheese (maybe more)
1 cup of de-boned chicken cut into bite size pieces (however much I get from my left over baked chicken)
(I usually mix everything together in a bowl then pour it into a casserole dish.)
The original recipe;
In a bowl mix the condensed soup & Rotel.
In a casserole dish layer the soup mixture, chicken, tortillas, & shredded cheese several times finishing off w/cheese.
Cover it w/foil & bake in the oven at 400*F till bubbly, about 50 min.s
(I put my last one in the microwave for about 20 minutes)

dublb 02-05-2016 03:12 PM

Hey Sue, I hope today you had a wonderful FART! There isn't a Whataburger in Brady. There are 3 in Midland. We do go sometimes.
Carrie, I am so glad that ya got to sew today. I am in Brady & do plan on sewing tonight. :)
Anne, It is so nice to get where we are going now isn't it? :) I am glad that ya are safe & sound.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-05-2016 05:55 PM

Sounds like every one had a good trip, including me. Dublb, I used tortilla chips and put them into the KRC...it cooked in the slow cooker for three to four hours and came out fine.

The South Iowa Spring Shop Hop was a lot of fun....playing 'tootball' and drawing at a 'football' at each shop to qualify for a drawing after the hop closes tomorrow...I go to see three new shops, I had not seen before. We failed to make it to the last shop because it started to snow, and we looked at one another and said, "Time to go home!" No time to eat, we were going down the road to the next shop. 30 to 50 % off fabric at every shop. Yep some of it followed me home... the bucket list grew a littler longer. Life was good today and fun! :p

Honchey 02-06-2016 07:01 AM

Are the tortilla's the chip type or the soft ones?

QuiltingNinaSue 02-06-2016 07:39 AM

The flat corn chip tortilla; other tortilla chips work, but corn seems to be the best.

Since the class on Stack n Whack, I been going strong for that process. Sew many possibilities; so little time. Have several in the to-do list now. They can be four, six or eight repeats of any size to form circle, octagon, or square. I even had a book that she did not, but she ordered it from Amazon and its one of her favorites now. Have only three cut cut for now. First have to get this week's and next weeks FW 1930 finished, and few house hold chores, then back to the QR for a project or two.

givio 02-06-2016 12:29 PM

QNS, I'm looking forward to seeing your Stack N Whack progress. It's one of my favorite patterns.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-06-2016 03:19 PM

Me too, Givio. I have the templates, fabric, and patterns selected. Now I need the time to do it. House has to be clutter free and clean by March 25th...open House Day on our 50th wedding Anniversary.

One block of FW done, three to go...then I need to work on special project that includes The House that Jack built. and Midnight path.... then after that I can start on the Stack n Whack.

oksewglad 02-06-2016 04:27 PM

All in good time, QNS...all in good time....

Quilt guild is Monday so am working on pictures for the Historian's book...need I say more...