Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

sewbizgirl 05-02-2016 12:03 PM

Ok, as for me I'll just keep working to catch up with the older blocks while we take a week off.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-02-2016 03:37 PM

Good day for me to get a lot done. Put binding on one side of the Pinwheel on point, cut out the fabric to extend sides on Midnight Sun, and lay out the trellis lilac to add top and bottom borders to that... two others are ready to go to the hand quilters. May the days of the week to kind to everyone.

sewbizgirl 05-02-2016 04:08 PM

I've been reading some of the stories in the FW30s book... So touching how the depression affected lives. I love how their faith got them through those rough times. They were so appreciative of all the little things we now just take for granted. I mentioned this to hubby and he pointed out how they had to deal with a big war coming right on the heels of the depression, too. Really, it was this adversity that made them "the Greatest Generation"... Just look at what we've got now!

QNS, how nice that you've got hand quilters to send your quilts to. I don't know of any in my area. Only one lady in my quilting group hand quilts, and not all that much.

dublb 05-02-2016 04:11 PM

OH Wow what a great trip to Brady. We are back in Midland. DD drove up from Houston for my B-day. We were gonna come back on Thur but she admitted that she had planned on surprising me w/the trip up. Good thing she told me or she would have missed us. LOL It was just her & the kids as DSonIL is on a rig in the Gulf installing computer stuff. We came back today.

sewbizgirl 05-02-2016 04:20 PM

Glad you had a good trip, Bev. Belated Happy Birthday! <:)

dublb 05-02-2016 05:37 PM

Thanks! It was a good one!

Honchey 05-02-2016 07:21 PM

It's official!!! There will be a break for the week after Mother's Day..No posting that Tuesday...Enjoy!

givio 05-02-2016 08:33 PM

Yes, Happy Birthday, Bev! :-) (I can't make the two question marks in the black diamonds! lol I don't even use the emoticons).
Ok, I'll make an effort to get caught up while I have the chance. Weekends are my best sewing time.

carriem 05-03-2016 04:37 AM

I probably won't be able to sew any FW 30s blocks, but might cut fabric for a couple...my machine is going in to be serviced today. It was making a humming sound (not a good one!) and then started to smell like maybe a belt? Hope it isn't an expensive fix!! I do have other machines (a couple old Singers), but they need to be cleaned up and oiled so I figure this is a good time to work on just cutting fabrics. DD is finishing a binding on her quilt or I would use her machine...she goes out to sew just about every time I am in my craft room these days. :) Kind of nice...not every 14yr old girl would want to spend that time with their mom.

JuneBillie 05-03-2016 05:41 AM

Happy Birthday Bev!

Glad everyone will be able to work on some things they have in progress. :)