Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 05-05-2013 05:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A photo of my pot o'stew....and my beautiful blueberries that I won't be able to eat!!!!:(

dublb 05-05-2013 06:05 PM

Yummmm that looks good!!!

QuiltE 05-05-2013 06:22 PM

Oh so delicious looking, Honchey!
And with lots of different veggies added in, with the meat.
mmmmmmmmm good!!!!!
You'll just have to be sure to get back to NC when those blueberries ripen
.. and not let the birdies feat on them! :D

QuiltingNinaSue 05-05-2013 06:41 PM

A very hardy beef stew that you can see what you are eating Looks great.

I am truly green-eyed over the blueberries...they are so nicely green healthy plants producing fruit!!

A road trip, QuiltE, you will be missed here!

Honchey 05-05-2013 06:59 PM

I won't be able to eat the berries because of the insecticide that was used in the ground for termite prevention...they're too close to the house...I will have to move the plants for hopefully next years crop...and I'll be adding a few more bushes maybe in a raised bed this fall..until then they'll be in enormous pots..

QuiltE 05-05-2013 07:35 PM

Honchey ... With the insecticide in the ground ... does it transmit to the berry itself? Definitely get them moved, so you can enjoy them next year.

QNSue ... for sure I'll be gone part of the week, just not sure yet, whether I'll leave tmro/Monday or when? And yes, road trip, but this time, there'll be no FART! :D

Anael 05-05-2013 09:09 PM

QuiltE, on the internet I read shortening refers to M and seldom to B as it is more closely related to M.

Honchey, your stew looks delicious!
What will happen to the birds when they eat your blue berries?

Bev, sorry it didn't work out this time. One day it will :)

QuiltE, you will be missed, have a save trip!

JeanieG 05-05-2013 10:12 PM

Oh Mirabelle - another great job with your beautiful quilting.

Dublb - good luck tomorrow!

My hubby has been coughing, running a high fever and feeling rotten for two days. I finally took him to the ER as no Urgent Care places were open on Sunday. He has Pneumonia!!! He got a shot and some pills. He has to see our GP tomorrow. When it rains it pours!

The ServPro people are moving all the living room and dining room furniture out tomorrow and will start there demolition of my kitchen. We are suppose to have showers the next few days, hope that won't hinder their work!

The only good news for today was that I got my PC Quilt all sandwiched.

Anael 05-05-2013 11:08 PM

Mirabelle, totally forgot to say I LOVE your quilting! How long have you been practicing?

Jeanie, sorry your hubby is ill! I hope he'll feel better very soon!

QuiltingNinaSue 05-06-2013 06:08 AM

I wish your dh a speedy recovery, Jeanie. Take time to take care of yourself, too.

Honchey, it is better to be safe than sorry. Plants do absorb minerals in the soil; some stuff they use for termites are not harmful to pets or people...but only your company you used would know for sure.

QuiltE, you may have to look up that USA song "On the road again". Bf and I tease one another about it; seems at least 50% when we talk to one another, one of us is on the road to town.

Yesterday the guardian angels were working overtime here...dh used his propane torch to light the furnace in the garage at 8:30 am; opened the garage doors about ten; when I used the West door to come in at three pm, the gas furnace was still going strong with the garage doors open. So I turned it off, and still heard gas burning, and looked over to his work counter and there sat his propane torch lighter, burning strong gas flame which I quickly turned off. We really cannot afford to heat up the outside or rebuild our home after it burns down. He simply forgot about it. Like he forgets the electric stove burner is on that he used; he does sit the pans off the burner now, when he finishes cooking. It scares me to think what could have happened. Thank goodness it did not; this time.