Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 08-04-2013 10:24 AM

HI All, I just posted the new thread...take a look see H.

oksewglad 08-04-2013 11:03 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...g-t227252.html

Here's the link☺

QuiltingNinaSue 08-04-2013 11:10 AM

Looks good, Honchey.

Anael 08-04-2013 01:39 PM

You're a very busy lady QNS!!

OK, thanks for the beef and broth! Elise made some lovely ornaments! Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

Carrie, gorgeous blocks and lovely setting! You're very creative :)

Anne, thanks for starting the SYE thread. Another journey together!

I did make half a star block and didn't feel like finishing. Tomorrow will be another day :D
So, good night all and cu tomorrow!!

mirabelle 08-04-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6214045)
Here is the recipe for Cauliflower Fritters,

1 head cauliflower
2 large eggs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs or you could use Cornflake crumbs
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
salt
olive oil

Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm, stir in cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, cayenne and salt to taste.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties and fry until golden brown on both sides.

Corned Silverside is a cut of beef that has been cured, you slowly simmer in a large pot of water with a dash of brown vinegar and whole onion (that's how my grandmother cooked it so that's how I cook it)

These were not the success I had hoped for but next time I make them I will :-
Place the masked cauliflower into a muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess moisture,
Add some corn for texture
Maybe add some grated zucchini
and add a little flour
They were a little moist and didn't keep their shape, but everybody ate them

mirabelle 08-04-2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6214725)
Or perhaps Malt Vinegar?
Or does it really matter?

In my pantry I have
Malt Vinegar
White vinegar
Brown vinegar
Apple Cider vinegar
red wine vinegar
white wine vinegar

Don't know what the difference is between the white and the brown but they do taste different.

Now I am off to the sewing room to sllooooowwwwly quilt the final 2 sides of Marjen

I've signed up for SYE yay, will have to tell DD although she may bail on me (sssshhhh don't tell anyone but she has a boyfriend and it is becoming very serious)

JeanieG 08-04-2013 05:32 PM

Thanks for setting up the new Thread Honchey. I'm in too! Looks like fun (and I use to hate PP)! LOL

carriem 08-04-2013 06:37 PM

Jan--on the SYE blocks, I got several FQs (well had some and added a few more) :) and 2 yards for my background to use in the blocks. I didn't buy anything for the corner triangles yet. Not sure how I will set the blocks...I need to see what they do and then decide.

QE and Jan--we are enjoying the cooler days and nights too. It could stay like this until October and I wouldn't complain a bit! Of course the kids are a little bummed it is a little chilly to be swimming, but it doesn't stop them when it warms up some days.

I never thought about there being so many kinds of vinegar! I usually just use it (white) for cleaning...very rarely have a recipe to put it in. Oh and the kids like to do "experiments" with it and baking soda.

Honchey--it looks like we will have a few new ladies joining us for SYE. My friend, Crystal, is hoping to be able to keep up with it better than she did PC.

JeanieG 08-04-2013 07:45 PM

Yes, several new names over on the new site, but this is only the 1st day posting. Carrie, I was thinking I will get 2 yards of the white on white too. Now I have to find something I like, most of the ones I have in my stash are yard or 1 1/2 yd pieces.

QuiltE 08-04-2013 07:58 PM

MiraB ... No Brown Vinegar here, though do have the rest that you have, plus Rice and Balsamic Vinegars. Will check the store and see if it's there and I've never noticed it before. Do you really need to pre-cook the cauliflower? Just cut it a little smaller and use it raw, and would avoid the too wet problem! ............ How exciting for your DD!!! :) Better make sure he doesn't come between the two of you and your quilting ... and your sleepovers! :D