Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 08-05-2013 02:07 PM

Oh so pretty, thanks Jan!

mirabelle 08-05-2013 02:19 PM

Anael and Jan you are really testing me, can I resist??????????????????????????????

oksewglad 08-05-2013 02:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Love the bus! Great stars Jan.
I've been making 8" crumb blocks from some PC fabrics which wandered into my sewing room. These are "someone's" odds N ends. I fussy cut 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inch squares from the scraps before I started sewing. Have 25 of them sewn. Added some of my own neutrals to help define the scenes. Getting ready to cut the sashing. Might see if I can find some rope fabric on black for the cornerstones tomorrow if not I have a black gold print I can use. Borders and binding should be lurking in my stash somewhere![ATTACH=CONFIG]428555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428559[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 08-05-2013 02:44 PM

OK - that is going to be wonderful! Just love what you've done with that fabric. I still have some left, even after cutting those 5" squares for my PC border, and putting some in the backing.

QuiltE 08-05-2013 03:01 PM

Finished work, and now I can play and am now in catch-up-read-mode before supper with fresh sweet corn tonight! :) No, I did not find the photo I was looking for, but I did get many of my pics labelled and sorted into a better file system as I searched. Productive! Today was a Holiday Monday, so I didn't mind taking the time for the file updates ... though it did prevent the sewing I had planned! :( Tonight I will get the Sept MB started.

MiraB
... hooray for Marjen almost finished!!! Yes, balsamic is sweet and nice. Oops just remembered I have both red and white. Didnt realize I have a stash of vinegar! Yes, keep that man out of your "space"!! :)

Anael ... Another beautiful star! Must be time for a group shot!

I am terribly tempted with those stars but NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Honchey .. have a great time with your DSis. Of course she KNOWS why you come to visit! Do you think there'll be a computer as a BINGO prize tonight?

JanRN ... Starlight, Starbright!! ... Perfect!

OKSGlad ... That's wonderful! You're going to have an unique "pony club" quilt! Am I right that there's a DGD that's a pony enthusiast? Maybe have her do one of those blocks ... or is this a secret for a gift to come?

QuiltingNinaSue 08-05-2013 03:05 PM

Fabrics do look a bit familiar; good job with the blocks. I sent blocks to GG, only to discover more. So starting a second box.

My last sewing table is in at the shop. Now to figure out when I can get there to pick it up. Have the room ready, totally clear floor for all the tables. Got in there this afternoon to sew; cut out pieces for the next MB, and started sewing...no seam. Looked closer, no thread in upper part. LOL!!:D Neither new bulb came on!:thumbdown: Bummer. Try to see if I can find time tomorrow to do a bit.

JanRN, what a star line-up!! Fabulous. Who can resist those beautiful stars???

QuiltE 08-05-2013 03:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's what I finished on the weekend and delivered.
Also, finished Miss August ... though you're not going to get a peak of it yet! :)

2013 is the 100th year for 4-H in Canada.

Our County 4-H organization decided to make some quilt(s) to celebrate.
The quilt(s) will be put together and hung in the local libraries.
Kits were distributed to all interested with instructions to make a 12" block (finished), using all 3 fabrics, and add whatever else you wish.
First is the kit fabric ... I managed to make two blocks from the one kit.
I'm calling the one on the right my "heritage" block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428563[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428562[/ATTACH]

carriem 08-05-2013 03:56 PM

Jan--your stars are looking good!

OK--your blocks look like a lot of fun. Great way to use up the scraps.

QE--I like your block choices for the fair. Nice way to use the fabrics.

mirabelle 08-05-2013 03:57 PM

Oksewglad what a great way to use up your PC fabric, love love love it:thumbup:

More great star blocks, I am with you QuiltE and resisting, someone please hold me back, I need Honchey's lasso:D:D

QuiltE I love the blocks you made with your kit fabric, I think you nailed it:thumbup:

I have just returned from the Post Office, another MB has been set free, fly my pretty fly:D:D

DH is out fishing so I am off to my cave to see what I can finish next, (only hand sew binding in the evening in front of the tv), hope to post pic of Marjen tomorrow

mirabelle 08-05-2013 03:58 PM

Oksewglad what a great way to use up your PC fabric, love love love it:thumbup:

More great star blocks, I am with you QuiltE and resisting, someone please hold me back, I need Honchey's lasso:D:D

QuiltE I love the blocks you made with your kit fabric, I think you nailed it:thumbup:

I have just returned from the Post Office, another MB has been set free, fly my pretty fly:D:D

DH is out fishing so I am off to my cave to see what I can finish next, (only hand sew binding in the evening in front of the tv), hope to post pic of Marjen tomorrow