Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

lovelyl 05-29-2012 02:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have my HST's finished except for trimming them up. I decided to go very scrappy with batiks - hope these work!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338665[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]338666[/ATTACH]

stefanib123 05-29-2012 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lovelyl, those are .....lovely!!! I looooove the colors, those will be beautiful,no matter the pattern!

Ok, I'm going to make 2. One will be a baby blanket for my darling grandson. The other will be a table topper to use on the patio this summer. I loved this "lemonade" fabric, and have been dying to use it. I have the cutest teal/red pitcher and glasses that will match it. I'm just not sure which others to use.

The first photo is the baby quilt. I am debating whether to use the solid teal or the teal with the stars on it, both on the far left.

The second photo is for the table topper. Out of the six, which would you NOT use?

Also, do I have too many solids? Do I need some more small patterns?

ETA: Excuse the wrinkling, I've just moved and am just now unpacking everything!

VickiM 05-29-2012 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5251365)
Whew! I thought I'd get these done yesterday, but the boys wanted to get their pincushion/thread catchers done! So, undisturbed this morning, I got my HST done. Don't know what the next leg is going to bring, but it's sure looking interesting so far!
Judy, glad to hear you're on the mend, it's no fun being sick! Takes away from our play time!

Love your batiks! You & the boys have been busy!!!

VickiM 05-29-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5251992)
I have my HST's finished except for trimming them up. I decided to go very scrappy with batiks - hope these work!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338665[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]338666[/ATTACH]

Love them! I see some that I have, too. BTW, how did you get your pics to show up normal size?

VickiM 05-29-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123 (Post 5252106)
Lovelyl, those are .....lovely!!! I looooove the colors, those will be beautiful,no matter the pattern!

Ok, I'm going to make 2. One will be a baby blanket for my darling grandson. The other will be a table topper to use on the patio this summer. I loved this "lemonade" fabric, and have been dying to use it. I have the cutest teal/red pitcher and glasses that will match it. I'm just not sure which others to use.

The first photo is the baby quilt. I am debating whether to use the solid teal or the teal with the stars on it, both on the far left.

The second photo is for the table topper. Out of the six, which would you NOT use?

Also, do I have too many solids? Do I need some more small patterns?

ETA: Excuse the wrinkling, I've just moved and am just now unpacking everything!

Both are great...for the baby, I'd probably loose the solid tourqouise; for the table I'd loose loose the navy check. My opinion only. :)

coopah 05-29-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338681[/ATTACH] All squared up! Ready for the next step. The colors aren't totally true. The turquoise is darker and the coral is, well, more coral, but you get the idea. Glad to be done...off to the club car for me...anything left to eat?

Cindy60545 05-29-2012 03:36 PM

I just dropped off some Ghiradelli Brownies on my way through. Enjoy!

babyfireo4 05-29-2012 03:46 PM

Yummy! I'll just taste test one of those.... nope they are awful.... I'll just have to eat all these and save everyone the trouble lol ;)

*sigh*

fine just one.....

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5252159)
I just dropped off some Ghiradelli Brownies on my way through. Enjoy!

Cindy60545 05-29-2012 04:00 PM

Just one?? NOT!

coopah 05-29-2012 04:06 PM

Save a Ghiradelli Brownie for me!!! I worked hard on those squares!! Oh, thanks...I see them now! Babyfireo4 didn't eat them all...her momma taught her well! :thumbup: :thumbup: