Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 32 of 159 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    That is why I asked. I knew I would get an honest yet kind answer. TY QuiltE for 2nd confirmation. I do love this board. I'll have to wait again to start as I'm far from any quilt stores.

or you could use F in the A spot......remember one clue was that the fabrics are not used in alphabetical order so in a couple of hours when the next clues arrive you could decide then..............what a great group !!!!!!

So, here it is, and we are off and running. Good luck, and have fun.

“Finally!” I hear you whisper to each other. I know, I know, you have all been patiently waiting, (some not so patiently hee hee) and just this once, as promised, I will post a day early.

Arrange the five 2½” strips in a combination that is pleasing to you.. This is the order I chose. In the first posting, As you can see, I only called the floral fabric A because I chose it first.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Use ¼” seams throughout - double check your measurements to make sure you have ¼” seams. Better to err a thread to the right, than to the left. Even if you are using a ¼” foot with an attached guide, double check - it may be a thread width off. I generally have to adjust my needle one click to the right to make sure I have a full ¼” seam. It is critical to sew the strips with the correct size seam allowance or you will not get a true square when the blocks are sewn together in lesson 3. If your seams allowances are off, please re-do. DO NOT TRIM the blocks into a smaller square or you will not get the upcoming parts of the quilt to fit.

Right sides together, sew the WOF strips together until all five pieces are sewn. Press well, seams pressed the same direction, making sure you have no little “folds” on the right side of the fabric, as these little folds will make the pieced strips vary in width. Your piece must measure 10-½” wide. If you’ve adjusted your needle position, and your width is a teeny bit large, trim AFTER you have cut this strip into 10½” pieces.

Cut four blocks 10-½” wide -- start as close to the end of your fabric as possible in order to get all four blocks to be a 10-½” x 10-½” square. This is where you would need to have used your additional WOF if you didn’t have 42” of printed design.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-04-2012 at 07:43 AM.

For clarification: When laying out our 5 WOF strips to be sewn together, it doesn't matter where we place Fabric A, is that correct?
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Oh Honchey ... a beautiful bunch, just as I suspected! Looks like you have enough fabrics to make two ... or three ... or four ... or more!!!! How about every block made with a different combo? I was thinking of combining them in a way using all the fabrics with 2 focus and then opposite accents to create a larger quilt???
    And with Clue #2 .... just go for it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

So sorry having trouble posting to the thread this morning. Couldn't get it all posted together like I usually can do. Next set of instructions will be posted on this thread, the morning of March 19th.And for those of you who asked about doing your quilt scrappy, here is what I have done. This will be a lap quilt, and I have made 16 blocks. I probably will make another 8 blocks so it will be longer, but need to find some more “boyish” fabric scraps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-04-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Yes, as it said in the first posting, you can arrange them however you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    For clarification: When laying out our 5 WOF strips to be sewn together, it doesn't matter where we place Fabric A, is that correct?

well, i got up late today. only went to bed about the time ms sunliten smiles started posting. however, i am surprised to see so few postings since judy posted the instructions. where is everyone.

going to have a little sumpin-sumpin to break my fast then get to cuttin and sewin.

thanks judy.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

Blog Entries
    Name:  P3040009.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  989.7 KBInternet is being cranky.....bet everyone is having problems posting.....thanks Judy this was fun.................

PDCakM ... The boards are normally slowed on Sundays. Many people go to Church, or spend time with their families.

SunliteNSmiles ... Lovely! So now what are you going to do for the next 15 days?
    Thanks for the I Spy Idea ... I like the cornerstones as mini spy blocks1
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 32 of 159 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 82 132 ... LastLast