Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

so many goodies to choose from. that 0 calories sounds good. maybe some "jelly rolls" in luscious colors and prints would be in order.

keep up the ride while we are waiting for that next clue.

happy thursday all.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

Blog Entries
    Jenniky, the squares are great. The brownies were better.

In my mind you can never get enough chocolate. However, I have a craving for cheesecake, so on my day I will make some small cheesecake tarts.

Some of "us" are getting to much done it looks like. I made pillowcases today and took a wheelchair walk with Mom.

Not much else happening here. The sun is out but a bit of wind . Oops Mom needs help - talk to all later.

Blog Entries
    Cheesecake tarts sound wonderful. Are those the one's that are drizzled in raspberry sauce?? LOL
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    overheard some of the train crew talking and i think Judy is going to catch up with us by heliocopter..... thinking we should decorate the club car......bright colored jelly roll prints sounded good..........wonder if Prince William will be her co-pilot.......

OK fellow travelers. What happened to the wine and cheese? Did I miss out??? All of the sweets sound so yummy but I am not a sweet lover. Well, except for Godiva chocolates.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    I am having so much fun! This is the only train ride I have been on where I didn't get motion sickness! Snacks are on me tomorrow. I'm thinking some "killer" brownies (0 calories, of course) and sweet tea...
    Lovelyl, YES...about the motion sickness. I didn't even notice that I hadn't felt it at all!! But I did notice that with all the wonderful red wine and cheese the other night, I didn't even have a headache. LOVE this train.

Blog Entries
    Wine and cheese are givens. Chocolates are the "extras". Oh, Judy is going to have so much fun if she gets an air ride.

Yes the cheesecake tarts are the ones with the raspberry sauce. I picked the raspberries last summer. Thought it would be great to be home and pick the suckers. After 3 days, I gave up that idea. One day I picked 7 qts and walked to the neighbors and gave them away - with a smile on my face and a "please take these". This summer I might throw 50 plants instead of the 30. Oh well, nice way to get some sun and fresh air.

Have been going through my stash and came up with 3 more UFO's. I think they multiply when I'm not looking. But I found some wonderful fabric for another "mystery".

Enjoying my First "Mystery Quilt and its been Awesome so far, here s mine..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job juropat. That yellow really makes that star stand out. It is going to be beautiful!

ohhhhh! I like this one too. Wouldn't it be beautiful in large quilt? Golden squares floating across the bed. Nice!
    Linda in Nevada

Blog Entries
    great yellow star and the little multicolor stars..........whole galexie(sp.....sigh...need spell check this time of night) of stars.

Blog Entries
    Awesome square Juropat, I agree the yellow shines and I love your color combinations. I love the idea of decorating the club car for Judy's return.. I will be glad to help.. I have some beautiful spring jelly rolls I can contribute Roses and bright greens or did you want to go brighter Sunlitsmiles with lots of yellows ? . Everose its spring everything multiplies in spring even UFO's . LOL
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Your nice bright star makes me think of the poem "Star light, star bright, first star...' You know the rest. You have a great star there to wish upon! BTW, I was raised in Warren and go back and visit each summer.

Everose, kids love to pick berries. You might want to recruit some. I have some golden raspberries but most get eaten before they ever make it to the house. We love raspberry jam around here. Wish you could send me your extra! Oh, and raspberry sauce/frosting on top of lemon cake.....divine!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

h yes, jelly rolls would be perfect for this mystery, and we could have layer cakes too.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Has anyone found foolproof directions for posting photos? I have tried,really!!
    Dotty in NYC

Dotty, I am sure resizing is your problem. If you try to upload, and it says the uload failed, you need to resize. The old board took any photos, but not this one. I've found that closeups of small blocks work as is, but big pictures, like you take a pix of a quilt, it gets too big. Go to the edit function, put in a horizontal of 640 pixels, change and save the changes, and you will be good to go. PM me if you want.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Dotty: I am having success with Picasa from Google. First, you download the free program to your computer. Then, you open Picasa, find your photos files, and 'export' the photos you want to post, resizing the photos in the export process. Then, when you're in QB, you browse to your Picasa folder, then your Export folder, then click on the photo you want to show in your post, 'Open' it, upload it, wait for the name of the photo to show up, then 'close this window'.

I am not a nerd, so I had to work to figure this out! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Dotty, I have seen google's picassa referred to well before. I've not used it, so can't say how easy it is. I use paint.net. It is also a free download and is for all kinds of photo adjustments. I find it very easy to use to resize photos. I made a photo tutorial for a QB friend about posting pictures, which I could send in an email to you, but it refers to paint.net steps and wouldn't help if you want to use another program. PM me if you want me to send you the tute.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Wink

Thanks coopah! Nice to know someone came from my area on qb. Happy quilting
    Last edited by juropat; 03-22-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Second version finished. 2AM I couldn't sleep so put insomnia to good use.
    Name:  PICT0027.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  82.2 KBYes, those are hearses. I also have black background with hot pink hearses. That will be a vest. I plan to do another block with the white hearse fabric in the centre and the black hearse fabric in the strips. Then, make it into another Halloween quilt. Have to finish quilting my Orient Express first.

Blog Entries
    wow the border floated the blocks, very interesting, completely different look.......thinking i might try that with the 4th of july fabrics in my stash

Blog Entries
    Works4me I love your second blockGreat Halloween fabrics the block looks grand will make a really fun Halloween quilt.
    Have an awesome day!

Works4Me ... well done! Priceless fabric!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, I couldn't wait. Halloween II with the black and white swapped out is finished. Amazing what you can accomplish when you are up at 2AM.

Thank you all. I LOOOOVE Halloween and this is fun. This will be Halloween quilt number 6.
    Name:  PICT0024 (2).JPG
Views: 257
Size:  82.2 KBName:  PICT0025 (2).JPG
Views: 257
Size:  49.9 KB

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast