Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 187 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: "Weigh In"

Does anyone want to "Weigh In"? This would be a quick report of our progress made. I'm sure it would encourage others and even keep us motivated!! I'm talking about lbs lost, or staying with an exercise routine, taking our vitamins ect... anything we are doing to get healthy.

Just recently someone asked "Can we diet and quilt at the same time"?

Well? I'll start: Lost 2lbs, keeping food journal, and Exercising!

I brought the ex cycle upstairs and it is sitting in front of the TV in the living room. I can watch my favorite HGTV shows and pedal away. Since my knees are bad I've started with 15 minutes 2X a day at mim. resistance. (I'll work up time and resistance) I haven't lost any pounds yet but I'm scaling down my soda and sugar and adding more complex carbs.

Since I started in January I have lost 6 pounds... the last two pounds have been gained and lost about twenty times! I am walking on the treadmill and using my Ablounger. Trying to eat healthy, but that's a struggle ( and freaking expensive!)

PS... I hate journalling. HATES it. But I know I should.

I think a weigh in is a good thing. Also just for eating healthy. I will do it.

Blog Entries
    Ah Mamagus! We actually SAVE on the grocery bill compared to what it was! Our diet was loaded with junk food...much more expensive than vegies! The meat is cheaper, only because we eat less of it.

I'm back on the bandwagon to lose this last bit of weight! I hadn't been doing much to exersise lately, so yesterday I popped Leslie into the DVD player and she and I went for a walk! (I still think she's trying to kill me!)

Will let you know how it goes! :)

Oh! And everyone knows to weigh yourselves sans clothing and at the same time everyday? Clothing can weigh a ton... I shoot for first thing in the morning, after a potty break and before the shower!

Oo, oo (hand raised); count me in. I am counting my Weight Watcher points and journalling. I have lost 2 lbs so far, and weigh in on Sunday. I am doing the Leslie Sansone walking videos. Accountability is a wonderful thing.

Alright, I'm in. I'm using a Fluidity Bar and also walk with Leslie. My goal is to use each method 2-3 times per week. (I just started on Tues.). I'm really good at whole grains, fruits and vegies, skim milk, lean meats, but also have quite a sweet tooth. Too much sugar is my biggest food problem and what I'm really trying to conquer. How frequently are we reporting in?

Thanks for starting this link. I think it will help to be accountable to someone else.

I think we should report in anytime we feel we have accomplished a goal towards becoming healthy! But lets open it up to what everyone else's opinion is. Maybe that's too often, I really don't know, but it's encouraging to hear from everyone. So what do you think?

I'll try it too. It's hard when you work food service and all that wonderful food smells sooooo good.

Page 1 of 187 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast