Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

Power Poster
    Ae electric coffeepot- I don't drink coffee - from DH

Musical Cocker Spaniels - Sorry not crazy about dogs:( Now Cats might have been a better choice. (By the way they are still out years later, it is a family joke now!!)

Fishig pole for Christmas, reel for birthday so he could "borrow" them. Told him he was going to look really "cute" in diamond earrings if he ever pulled that again :lol:

My DH's mother got an air popcorn popper EVERY year from her husband (DH"S stepdad) - EVERY YEAR!!!

One year hubby got me one of those really expensive kitchen mixers -- couldn't wait to give it to me so HE opened the box and read all the instructions, etc. before I even knew he'd bought it. Very nice gesture but, hey, I don't cook or bake much -- it's now about 5 years old and is still unused......

CRH
    first year we were married, DH bought me a musical jewelry box, I thought he was soooooo romantic. Second year he bought me an iron --and I sat there and cried---wasn't so romantic!!! (45 years ago)

Now -- I'd love a new iron. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CRH
    first year we were married, DH bought me a musical jewelry box, I thought he was soooooo romantic. Second year he bought me an iron --and I sat there and cried---wasn't so romantic!!! (45 years ago)

Now -- I'd love a new iron. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Funny :? how our desires (and appreciation) for things change over the years

Blog Entries
    I like buying for myself and buy what I want so a gift from DH is not anticipated as being something I've always wanted. I get a kick out of whatever he picks out for me. :D

Blog Entries
    yeah...I don't get those BAD gifts because I Won't give DH the opportunity ...I already know he doesn't have a clue...when he does something on his own..he doesn't trust himself either so it is usually a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores... :D

Funny post! If I want something I get it and tell him it's from him. He does the same. Same account, anyway! We gave up putting that stress on each other 20 years ago. We rarely get presents for each other at Christmas, birthdays, etc. Too many kids, etc. We like to get things during the year, not when you're "supposed" to. Works for us!!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast