Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other >

An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

An annoying/thoughtless gift you've received from a significant other

Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 PM

[quote=hereca622]
Originally Posted by Rose Hall
My EX-MIL used to regift to me what I had given her the previous year. Right before my divorce I starting giving it back back her "re-gifts". I don't think she ever caught on!
Rose Hall
My MIL was not big on Christmas at all. It seemed whatever we gave her for Christmas would be given to her DD and her family and whatever her DD gave her would be given to us. After awhile I would ask my SIL, her DD, what she wanted for Christmas, we might as well get something we could use. Worked out pretty good for a few years until MIL stopped giving gifts all together.

Many years ago she was a long distance operation, you needed them to make any long distance calls. Anyway she would work on Christmas day because she said it was so important for people to call their families and talk on Christmas but she left my FIL and BIL home alone all day while she was at work. May in Jersey
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM

One year mil gave me a cheesecake cookbook and the next year weight watchers cookbook...rest her soul!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:35 PM

A friend fot a chain saw from her husband. Sure enough, he got a vaccum cleaner on his BD.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:36 PM

sorry, a friend got, not fot
Old 11-18-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nanax4
It wasn't exactly SO's gift, but he was connected to it.....

His sister gave me a pair of black lacy crotchless underwear as my only Christmas gift from that side of the family. In front of everybody. I'm pretty conservative and wouldn't have thought this was funny under ANY circumstances, let alone in a large group. The SIL thought she was pretty hysterical.

Turns out my spouse KNEW about it ahead of time!!!!

No one else was given a gag gift, so who knows the intent of that kind of a gift.

No one could understand why I was so hurt, including the spouse. It would have been different if they had at least had another gift that was more reasonable. Especially since I'd given each of them a thoughtful gift.
You should have asked if there was a 'man' wearing similar underwear to go along with yours. Or better yet, tell them you were thinking about getting a second job.

Tasteless jokes - ARGGHHHHH - especially at this time of year. They forget the 'reason for the season'.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 PM

I got a Paris Hilton style watch. I wear a mens watch, I can see it easily, and I like that. This THING has fake diamonds, it's white, with a white leather band, and the face is miniscule. He knows I hate it, and always asks why I don't wear it. Grrrr.
He asked the other day - What do you want for Christmas? I answered: A new bathroom, or a bedside table with drawers. His answer That's not very christmas!