Anyone use a FitBit?

Old 12-30-2015, 09:06 AM

I loved mine till I forgot about it in a pocket and washed it. IT didn't like being washed. So my next one goes on my wrist.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:46 AM

I just got one for Christmas and so did a few of my friends. I hate to exercise, but I know I need to. My dr. Was concerned that I keep putting on meight. But my DH suggested walking in the mall first thing in the morning( big shock because we have exercise stuff at home). I started walking again this summer after not doing it since 2008 because of moblity issues ( bursitis, ITband syndrome and foot problems) because friends were walking the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day. I realised how much I really missed walking. I need to walk on fairly even surfaces and I won't walk when it's cold or slippery. Mall is perfect and DH goes to town every morning for coffee. Win win. Hopefully getting more exercise and getting serious with Weight Watchers will get me back in shape.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 AM

I've had my Fitbit for 6 months, no durability or battery issues so far (it recharges via a USB connection).
I like that I can sync it wirelessly to my iPhone and see a nice summary of my activity. I don't use it to track
calories. Mine has a heartrate tracker, my doctor compared it to his heartrate monitor in his office and it was
reasonably accurate. I have a heart arrhythmia that comes and goes so the daily chart that is produced has
turned out to be quite useful.

I find that it does motivate me to move more.

It can be used to track your sleep as well, but I find that having the plastic wristband on 24/7 is too irritating
on my skin.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I have a Garmin vivo and love it. I am not into fitness...but I fund I was not getting enough movement quilting. this gets me up and moving. I even go up and down the stairs in between sewing.
i just purchased one of these. I look firward to seeing how it works. I need to walk more, ec.

sandy
Old 07-29-2016, 05:42 AM

My daughter has used a Fitbit for 3 years. Several months ago, she bought the latest, geatest model. It has a face as big as a watch on it and displays a digital readout. She loves hers. She wanted to give me her old model and I said no thank you. I'd rather use a pedometer. I am not interested in being tracked to that degree. I value my privacy. I recently read that information gathered from Fitbits are being allowed in courts as admissable evidence.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
My daughter has used a Fitbit for 3 years. Several months ago, she bought the latest, geatest model. It has a face as big as a watch on it and displays a digital readout. She loves hers. She wanted to give me her old model and I said no thank you. I'd rather use a pedometer. I am not interested in being tracked to that degree. I value my privacy. I recently read that information gathered from Fitbits are being allowed in courts as admissable evidence.
What is recorded on this gizmo that could be evidence in a courtroom? Big brother is certainly watching!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:11 AM

Geri, You have to set up an account on your computer, and of course that is linked to your email, which has access to all your contacts and so on and so forth. It has several useful features, but is an invasion of privacy to my mind. Already many employers want access to your facebook account. Why do you think that many companies are handing these out like candy? Is it really to keep you healthy? Do you know that some companies hire actuaries that profile their employees and take out insurance policies on the ones that statistically will likely die early? But I digress... This Fitbit gizmo even tracks your sleep pattern. By way of GPS, it knows where you are at any given time. And that is the part that is admissible evidence in a court of law.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2607432

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/2-investig...f-law/74590822

there are several more on Google if you are interested.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Banned

My sister gave me her old FitBit when she got her Apple Smart Watch
(iWatch? don't know if that is correct).

Although I like the FitBit, I find for me it doesn't track as accurately as
it could or should. But since it is a used FitBit Charge that may be why.

Need to try and get the band replaced if possible.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

I have been looking at the one that Tommie Copper has. It is 1/3 of the price. I don't own a smart phone.