Anyone use a FitBit?

Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

Default Anyone use a FitBit?

I am thinking of giving FitBits for Christmas to the family and one for me. Is the wrist one better then the pendant?
Old 10-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

They are becoming increasingly popular. Unless the people are into fitness though, they might not want one.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

I know my DDs and their spouses will like one. They are all into fitness and food. My teen granddaughter will wear it just because it is getting so popular. LOL

I think one may motivate DH and me to get out and do more activity other then yard work. And the most important, I can click one time and have my main Christmas shopping done.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:42 PM

I have a Garmin vivo and love it. I am not into fitness...but I fund I was not getting enough movement quilting. this gets me up and moving. I even go up and down the stairs in between sewing.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM

It is a good motivator and there are a couple options other than the fitbit. I have the fitbit. Or rather I had the fitbit. It stopped working after about a month and I paid cash and of course couldn't find my receipt. It does make you want to try and get your 10,000 steps in a day. Also, I work at a hospital and I had to go into a doctor's meeting not long ago and they were talking about the fitbit. They said every patient should have one. Especially anyone with diabetes or a heart condition, those who exercise is a necessity. I'm going to get another one but the other brand. The band is more attractive on the other brand - which I don't know the name. If you go to Best Buy they have several options. Also I liked the band better because you can track your sleep and other things on your computer.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:10 PM

I bought Rob and I FitBit Zips in March, WAY better than any pedometer I've ever had. The Zips are simpliest which suits us, we don't give a hoot what everyone we know is doing via facebook
Because they do have a little chip they use up a battery a little sooner, with a brand new battery it lasts about six months, the factory one might not last that long.

Rob wears his on his shirt pocket or jeans pocket, I clip mine to the center of my bra.
When you get it you go online to FitBit to register it and get it going.
Weight and height input when you register gives your FitBit the correct stride for you.
I doubt I'd have used it if it had been a wrist one, just me.

I heard about it from one of the participants on the monthly weight loss thread.
Some insurance companies will pay for it.

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 10-26-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:26 PM

I got one in June and love it. I got the wrist flex. Most days I get in at least 10,000 and a few days I get 15,000 steps. I like being able to count the calories eaten in a days time and how much is burned. It's just fun to track all that fun stuff.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:36 PM

I had an older model but after just a few months it quit counting my steps. We went for a 2 hour walk in the woods and it credited me with less steps than when I stay home. Another day it said I climbed 19 flights of stairs when I didn't climb any. So I quit using it.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:00 AM

I got one last year. I wear it clipped to my pocket, and have had to change the battery one time. I like that one a week, it gives me totals for last week and I don't have to keep track.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:58 AM

I had the fitbit, but had trouble with the strap. I returned it. I now have a garmin and love it.