A kindle ?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
If the books are "in the cloud" they're not actually ON your device. They're on a server somewhere else, not taking up space on your iPad.
I remember hearing somewhere that your "cloud" only holds so much, when that is full, to get more one has to pay a fee.....
thanks for the computer removal advice..I will try that...
Old 07-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
I don't like that I can't see the screen outside easily.
You must not have the Paperwhite Kindle. I LOVE mine. I can read easily in full sun or full dark.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:59 PM

Peckish, I've thought about getting a Paperwhite before. It would probably be a nice compliment to the Fire. I've read reviews on it and I know a lot of people love them. I have the 8.9" Kindke Fire hdx, and I have a love/hate relationship with it, but mostly I love it.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:11 PM

then download them to your phone, instead of or in addition to your kindle, and read them there. I switch back and forth whn the battery goes low or for convience,...
Old 07-06-2016, 02:44 PM

Jane, I actually have the old first generation Kindle Fire and I use it for an alarm clock and for a backup if my battery runs low on the hdx. And my grandson uses it. I am particular about wearing out the battery on my phone because I'm traditional and try to use that mostly for phone calls and messages.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:25 PM

I have just tried to remove a book from kindle. Just hold finger on book and wait for a tab of 4 options to come up.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:26 AM

I confess I read all new books on either my kindle or iPad, but if I love the book, I go out and buy it, either used or in paperback. This gives me a loaner copy, without fear that I may be struck with an urge to re read while it is on loan!
Old 07-07-2016, 02:58 AM

I love my Kindle & take it with me everywhere. I had traded in my Kindle Touch for a Fire HDX & all my books were transferred to the new Kindle, so I didn't lose anything. My Kindle Touch was in perfect condition, & I sent it back to Amazon where they presumably re-sold it as "refurbished."
Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 AM

Although I have the kindle app on my iPad and phone, I prefer to read on my actual kindle device. It has what is referred to as "electronic ink" and is much easier on the eyes. Plus you can read outdoors in the sunlight with no glare! In my opinion, the app can't compare to the actual kindle device! I love mine!
Old 07-07-2016, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
Although I have the kindle app on my iPad and phone, I prefer to read on my actual kindle device. It has what is referred to as "electronic ink" and is much easier on the eyes. Plus you can read outdoors in the sunlight with no glare! In my opinion, the app can't compare to the actual kindle device! I love mine!
Exactly my experience. Would not give up my Kindle for anything. In the Airplane mode, battery lasts forever!!