Pots and Pans

Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 PM

Hello E1, Im going to be moving in the next couple of months and IM not taking my old scratched up pots and pans . I M getting a new set But need help deciding what to buy. the non stick seem to fall apart after a year or so if not sooner . Help need a good deal on pots and pans that will last thanks Ronda
Old 03-27-2010, 05:25 PM

I don't really know what's best but I bought my DD a set of anodized pots and pans for college graduation from
Sam's club. She really likes them. I use a very old set called Guardian Service that was before teflon came into being. I like the set alot. It was my DH's Aunt's set of pots and pans.... Good luck on your decision.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:45 PM

I have the Cook's Essentials Hard Anodized from QVC. I've been using them 5 years and love them, but they are heavy. Non stick, but you can use metal utensils on them, lifetime warranty. They weren't cheap, I can't remeber exactly how much, but I'm thinking $150-180 for a good sized set, but that's cheaper than cephalon, etc.
Good cookware makes cooking a whole lot more enjoyable!!

Mary
Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 PM

I bought a set of SaladMaster pots and pans (which were pricey) 41 years ago. They're stainless steel, waterless cookware and they look brand new today. My daughter has decided I'm never going to die, so she just ordered a set. lol
Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Google Goddess

wow, great pots and pans !

Originally Posted by shequilts
I bought a set of SaladMaster pots and pans (which were pricey) 41 years ago. They're stainless steel, waterless cookware and they look brand new today. My daughter has decided I'm never going to die, so she just ordered a set. lol
Old 03-27-2010, 08:12 PM

There's a growing fear of that "non stick" stuff they put in pans.
So now I have a stainless steel set, including a stainless steel
electric frying pan. I love them all, and they are easy to clean.
Light to lift, and can be used indoors or out.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 PM

I too am interested in hearing about good brands of cookware. And I want only stainless steel or stainless steel/copper.

No anodized aluminum, no Teflon or other synthetic stuff.

I looked up SaladMaster. Two concerns:
1. They talk about titanium cookware. I can't tell whether they've replaced their stainless steel with titanium-containing metal or whether they still have a stainless steel line.

2. Looks like you have to buy from an independent dealer like a Tupperware-typedealer, rather than from a store?

And they look quite pricey.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:45 PM

I dumped all of my pots and pans...and only use antique cast iron. Well...that's not exactly true...I do have my mom's stainless soup pot and one of her enameled pots...I use them for pasta and soups...everything else that gets cooked in my kitchen gets cooked in cast iron that's 100 years old or older...you can't get a better non stick surface, and for the most part it's cheaper than the new stuff! :)
Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mommaB
I have the Cook's Essentials Hard Anodized from QVC. I've been using them 5 years and love them, but they are heavy. Non stick, but you can use metal utensils on them, lifetime warranty. They weren't cheap, I can't remeber exactly how much, but I'm thinking $150-180 for a good sized set, but that's cheaper than cephalon, etc.
Good cookware makes cooking a whole lot more enjoyable!!

Mary
I have the cooks essentials too and love them! I have had mine a long time also. The have a lifetime guarantee too.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:19 PM

I have Revere that's still doing nicely 15 years later (got it as a wedding gift). I can't handle cast iron or similar weight due to wrist problems.