Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any ideas to increase quilt raffle ticket sales? >

Any ideas to increase quilt raffle ticket sales?

Any ideas to increase quilt raffle ticket sales?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:24 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. I, too, 'buy' my own tickets. One of our issues is that a large number of members don't and that is bringing the total down. We do have a farmers' market in town. I know I'd be willing to sit with it there with a friend to chat with. We are in an area with a lot of tourists and summer people. There are also some antique car shows but I don't know if that would work out.
PS That is a beautiful raffle quilt!
Old 09-10-2016, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Saw the other day a party had posted a quilt on Facebook and a couple other sites prior to a Labor Day raffle. It was on a couple quilt sites and throughout their small town. It was to help buy some extra equipment for first responders. It brought in Nearly $27500. More than their goal. It was a nice queen size quilt of a log cabin. It went so well they plan on having another. They hope to add a couple more. They Started the promotion right after the quilt was finished and right before Memorial Day. They had a fundraiser that weekend of the raffle that helped. They were delighted the party who won the quilt had never won anything before and it was her first quilt. She spent $10.00 on her raffle tickets. They promoted the raffle/fundraiser most of the summer and it was displayed in various business locations in the town. Those locations sold tickets and had business discount sales on their merchandise while the quilt was in their possession. They did a heck of a marketing for the quilt and the fundraiser.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:21 AM

The guild I belong to in Missouri has always required members to sell tickets. So a packet is handed out with a picture of the quilt. There also is a quilt chair that ask for ideas were to put the quilt to sell additional tickets and members sign up to sell at the events. Quilt stores, grocery stores, library, senior events, craft shows, other guild meetings and also at the state guild meetings.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:52 AM

our guild gives the lady that does our quilting a number of free tickets in exchange for advertising at her shop along with selling the tickets for the guild, she can either keep the free tickets for herself or sell them. Last year she kept the tickets & won the quilt. She was estatic, had never won anything before & was delighted with the quilt, didn't have time to quilt herself so this was a win-win situation for all. Now she is selling tickets fast & furious. lol
Old 09-10-2016, 06:05 AM

Make sure you notify the local paper, especially small town papers, more people actually read those LOL.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:07 AM

our guild gives the lady that does our quilting a number of free tickets in exchange for advertising at her shop along with selling the tickets for the guild, she can either keep the free tickets for herself or sell them. Last year she kept the tickets & won the quilt. She was estatic, had never won anything before & was delighted with the quilt, didn't have time to quilt herself so this was a win-win situation for all. Now she is selling tickets fast & furious. lol
Old 09-10-2016, 06:15 AM

That is a beautiful raffle quilt. Totally not my style and I've no idea what I would do with it but it's gorgeous all the same.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:15 AM

With the incredible popularity of quilting now, is it possible that everyone is getting that 'over kill' of quilts? Just a thought, not meant to be a downer
Old 09-10-2016, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
I notice with our quilt guild it makes a difference if they like and want the quilt. So, make something people would want to display in their homes. And also, the amount of advertising the show gets and how many people see the quilt. Good luck.
I agree. I have made the raffle quilt for our church for the last 15 years. Tastes have changed in that time. I no longer make traditional quilt. They appeal to the older generation, but, they do not want any more quilts. They admire the quilts but do not buy tickets. I have now switched to making quilts for the a different generation. This year it is black and gray and white. More modern or geometric. It is sofa size. People seem to be going for the smaller quilts because if they win a queen size, it often means changing a color scheme. painting a room or some other form of redecoration. A sofa quilt can fit in almost anywhere. As a wall hanging, as a be throw or on the sofa. Also chose a pattern that will be something a man would like. Lately, I have had as many men buying tickets as women. Hope this information helps.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:35 AM

$ 5.00 each or 5 for $20.00 or $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. When the cancer quilt I made for a raffle , that's how they sold the tickets and they made over $1,000 the first year and $2,500 the second year.