Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Kwiltkrazy, those are so pretty!

Beautiful! And I love purple so much.

I have two styles of dresden plate dies that I cut fabric with for my business. If we want to do a swap, I can cut fabric for people for $1/ "plate", we can sew them together and then swap them. I believe the plates have 12 "wedges" in them. Not sure--I'm at work right now. If enough people are interested I will check tonight when I get home.

Just an idea. I would love some dresden plate placemats for my dining room.

Rose Hall

Blog Entries
    i'm just getting back to my West of Baltimore applique quilt that i started jan 2009. i only have three blocks finished and working on 4th now - tracing each individual leaf,flower,etc & fusing them on material plus cutting them out is not my thang - but after all that's done i love the stitching. i bought the BOM from Keepsake Quilting and i rec'd all the material i needed plus bought the backing and background fabric too. overall i think i have over $300 invested - crazy huh? it will be beeeuuutiful when it's finished even if i do say so myself.

Quote Originally Posted by misseva
    i'm just getting back to my West of Baltimore applique quilt that i started jan 2009. i only have three blocks finished and working on 4th now - tracing each individual leaf,flower,etc & fusing them on material plus cutting them out is not my thang - but after all that's done i love the stitching. i bought the BOM from Keepsake Quilting and i rec'd all the material i needed plus bought the backing and background fabric too. overall i think i have over $300 invested - crazy huh? it will be beeeuuutiful when it's finished even if i do say so myself.
    Baltimore's are my goal one day. I want to get good at applique and, of course, the only way to do that is to practice. Sigh. Now to find more time to do that. I have gotten better and still think it is more of "which applique method" will work best for me.

Blog Entries
    o, don't wait until you get 'good' - just hop right in. like i've posted before - wool is the best way to go for ease of handling. i don't remember the name but i did buy a book for 'Country Baltimore' which i haven't even started b/c i have to finish the West of Baltimore first. but i plan on using wool for that 'country' baltimore if i EVER get West finished. my only problem is i have no local quilt shops and i have to drive 100 miles round trip to get to a joanns for background/backing material or order online. i wasn't experienced when i started appliqueing - just foolish enought to think 'i can do it' even if it's not perfect. i still have fun working on my projects. and besides - it looks beautiful to my friends who don't even know how to hold a needle. lol

Blog Entries
    :-D

Sun Bonnet sue I did today
    Name:  Attachment-111687.jpe
Views: 165
Size:  78.2 KB

She is so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    :-D
    VERY nice! I'm going to try and do some applique this weekend. I cut some cats out and will either do blind stitch machine appplique on it or button stitch by hand. Haven't decided yet. There are actually 9 of them to do.

Blog Entries
    BonniFeltz, hope you have a fun time with it, I sure am. I think I am already getting addicted, staying with the easier blocks at first, my needling turning seems to be coming easier already. I am enjoying it, so I'll keep doing it. I can only get better, right.

Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast