Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Dept coming to Wal-Mart near you >

Fabric Dept coming to Wal-Mart near you

Fabric Dept coming to Wal-Mart near you

Old 07-16-2011, 07:43 AM

I was visiting out of state and went to a local WM to do some shopping and discovered they had a real fabric dept. Lots of fabric and pretty good quality. Well, I made my selection and pushed the button for someone to come help me and no one came. I pushed the button probably 10 times and no one came. My DDIL finally went to another dept and had some one page a salesperson to help us. . .still no one came. When I was just about ready to walk away a nice young gentleman came to help me. He was some kind of manager and didn't really work in the fabric/craft section. Well, he cut my fabric, but when I told him "I want one yard of this", he promptly cut me two yards but only charged me for one! I had quite a bit of fabric I wanted cut and also some lace...he cut it all for me and basically doubled what I wanted but didn't charge me for it! He was sooo nice. He apologized for the long wait. That is the best experience I have had at ANY WM. . .thanks Greg, I will shop at your store again when I am in your area!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 AM

I emailed WalMart more than once and had friends do the same. Closest one went to the cut fabric hung on the wall. I bought one piece. It was too short to make the pants in the pattern that came with the fabric. So will use it for something else. Mostly the quality wasn't what I wanted.
Other WM kept fabric dept. and prices were better than ever.
Finally a response from corporate said before year end we should have fabric on bolt at my closet WM again. yea! Great place to run get thread, notions, a bit of another color late at night in the middle of a project....
Old 07-16-2011, 09:47 AM

My Walmart has the bolt fabric back. One of the gals that had previously worked in that area is now back there working. Each time I've recently been in there, there have been 2 gals there that were available to cut fabric. As always, I think you need to check the fabric to see if it meets your standards for what it is you are making.