Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 11-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Thank you Emma, I like them too. They are a little less Mackinac Island, and a little more me. I love Bonnie's colors too, and did so much switheroo that I nearly wore out my fabrics. there was a whole lot of petting going on.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rhondals View Post
Whatever, right? For one peaceful day I challenge those people complaining about Thanksgiving not being healthy, to just enjoy themselves.

We even let our dogs enjoy by giving them a dogfood free dinner. I invite anyone I know who has no place to go. Last year my 23 year old son's friend didn't have anywhere to go. I felt extremely happy having the guy for dinner, and thankful he didn't spend the holiday alone. I cook so my mother doesn't have to. I eat more in one day than I do in a week. Turkey, green bean casserole, this year, potato Anna (from the Vegetarian Times website). stuffing, pecan pie, chocolate pie. Salad is a waste of time. I was going to make rolls but I bought rolls that taste exactly like mine. I'm so happy to do it every year. I can't wait.
We eat very healthy 363 days a year that I don't think about the calories on Thanksgiving and Christmas. When my DH was in the service we always got together with other families that were away from their families for the holidays. We also included single sailors that had no place to go. It was always great fun and we do miss our military friends. I say enjoy the holidays and if you know you can't or shouldn't eat something, Don't.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am looking forward to sewing and being Thankful that the Lord has given me the ability to enjoy his many blessings He has bestowed upon me. I pray all of you have your Hearts desire this Happy Season.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:53 AM

Just a few more days. I am trying to finish up blocks for a swap this week so that will be one project out of the way for the next month.

I don't do black Friday shopping but the Nebraska football game is on early Friday morning so that will take up part of the day before I can get started.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

You chose pretty colors, fatquarters! Can't wait to see what your blocks look like.

I plan to do some of each clue, and then finish up at my leisure. Can hardly wait til the end of the week to find out what we are doing first.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:22 PM

And to you and your family, Jolo. I am truly blessed, I live in a beautiful part of the country where I can go for long walks by the river and feel connected to nature, I have a loving family that are doing well. What more could anyone ask for?
I wish for all of you, a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:08 PM

The same to you Jolo and Emma! Only a couple of days until the first clue, how fun!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:32 PM

I think your colors are really pretty. The purples, blues, and greens are terrific together.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
I think your colors are really pretty. The purples, blues, and greens are terrific together.

thanks, you have no idea how many times I switched pink and purple! finally decided purple just made me happier. sure wish I could quilt with everyone this weekend, but my grandkids come first, I'll be so busy I won't even miss it until I'm a week behind!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Two more 'sleeps' until the first clue!