Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo-Ann Fabrics Employees

Has anyone ever been short changed on the amount of fabric? I've bought fabric and fusible there and sometimes I only get 32-34 inches. It's too far to waste the gas to take it back.

Blog Entries
    I would call the store and talk to manager and complain!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaWheattall
    Has anyone ever been short changed on the amount of fabric? I've bought fabric and fusible there and sometimes I only get 32-34 inches. It's too far to waste the gas to take it back.
    I stand right there and make sure it is exactly what I asked for before they cut. If I see the gal starting to snip, I stop her and ask her to check it again... politely saying.. "I really need a full yard for my project". Most of the cutters at the JoAnn's I go to are a little generous when they cut, going just a tad over the 36 inches.

I'll have to pay closer attention from now on!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I like most of the girls at JoAnns here, but NEVER have they over cut a yd by even a tad! I spose I should measure to see if they under cut by any more than a tad. hmmm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaWheattall
    I stand right there and make sure it is exactly what I asked for before they cut. If I see the gal starting to snip, I stop her and ask her to check it again... politely saying.. "I really need a full yard for my project". Most of the cutters at the JoAnn's I go to are a little generous when they cut, going just a tad over the 36 inches.
    Me too I watch them like a hawk, however I will say that most of the cutters at my store are experienced and make sure that the fabric is straight etc.

I used to work there and they made us pinch the fabric so the customer didn't get 1/16th of an inch more.
    Yes,you watch them and count with them.

I always watch!

Yes, when the new JoAnn's opened every one of my fabrics was short. When I go now, I make sure I get a clerk that I am familiar with so that I get what I pay for.

it is always a good idea to pay attention- and not let the sales person( person cutting) to be visiting---not payin attention when having product cut-
    it's not just joannes=
    i've been at lqs' when the clerk was talking away- (chit=chatting) while measuring/cutting to find you only get 2 yards when you asked for 3= or to get 3/4 of a yard when you asked for 1 1/2.
    i used to wander away and look at other items while my stack of fabrics were being cut- only to find i did not get any cuts i asked for- even when i had 5 bolts and said-i'd like one yard of each----to me that should be easy---only to find i got anything from 1/2 yard to 1 1/4 yards- she was busy chatting with a different customer while cutting my fabric---now i stand there-and watch the measuring- and even question it before they cut if i don't think it's lined up right - and i watch to see what the fabric looks like as it is being rolled off the bolt- i've seen (at joannes) fabric that is in 2 pieces- put together with a wide zigzag- and the sales person was going to just give me my piece with that (seam) down a section of my cut---i tell them-no i don't want that= please start over beyond the seam....most of the time they will automatically- but once in a while- they don't even seem to see it/pay any attention to it- unless it is brought to their attention.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast