Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Old 06-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tylia25 View Post
Hello While I haven't posted on the forums, I have been lurking and reading for a while now. I thought I would join in and show what I was working on this weekend. I haven't decided if I am going to gift this quilt or keep it for myself. I'm thinking of putting a solid red border around it and using the same black/white polka dot material that is the sashing for the backing, with a white binding. It started out as a red and white 40 strip jelly roll.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419276[/ATTACH]
Close up of the blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419285[/ATTACH]

I'm new to quilting and I'm having a lot of fun creating. This one is actually my 4th quilt and the most "complicated" (to me) one I've done so far. The blocks were made following the youtube video for Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern by 3 Dudes
This is a super cute quilt, Tylia! I've seen that tute by 3 Dudes and just forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder. It looks great done in your reds!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

I'm excited to see all the beautiful pics! I have finished quilting my Warm Wishes and have trimmed it now... only need the binding, which might be 2 more hours, tops. I'm taking a break from the sewing and thought I'd check in to see what our Virtual Quilters have accomplished. Everything is looking good, ladies!

Be back with pictures later...
Old 06-16-2013, 11:16 AM

Well, I have the Irish Chain top done! I have 2 layer cakes cut and ready to start piecing (MSQC Double Slice Layer Cake). However, I had to look up the Three Dudes Jelly Roll quilt pattern, then got sidetracked by a couple videos of there for other patterns. Now, it's almost time for the Yankees to start so I may be on break for a while! Depends how well Sabathia pitches for us today.
Attached Thumbnails quilts-003.jpg   quilts-004.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:58 AM

I'm enjoying following this thread, and can report on my progress, although I didn't know about this thread earlier in the weekend. I have just about finished two placemats (need to hand sew the binding on the back of the second one and it's done!). These are staying here! I've made several baby quilts and given them all away and finally decided I was going to make something to keep. I love giving away, mind you, but it's nice to have a project that stays home!
My next project is to clean the sewing studio and get a new wall up behind the cutting table. I want to mount pegboard on the top half and get my ruler hung up.
Then I can start a Christmas project. My FIL died a couple of years ago and I got my MIL to give me his shirts for quilting. What she doesn't know is that I am going to make her a quilt from the shirts. I got Bonnie Hunter's book Scraps and Shirttails and am planning to make the "Swing Your Partner" quilt. Mom and Dad were avid square dancers for many,many years so the title of this quilt really struck me. I'm going to make it a throw size so she can wrap up in it to watch TV. I also have another baby quilt to do by October. As for now, those are the only "give-aways" so then I'll start on another "keeper" project. I certainly have a long list of those!
I'm off to finish the placemat binding while DS grills steaks for Father's Day dinner! I let DH use the one finished placemat for breakfast and by tomorrow we will each have one!
Happy quilting!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 PM

That came out tremendously! I love it and thank you for the info

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Well, I have the Irish Chain top done! I have 2 layer cakes cut and ready to start piecing (MSQC Double Slice Layer Cake). However, I had to look up the Three Dudes Jelly Roll quilt pattern, then got sidetracked by a couple videos of there for other patterns. Now, it's almost time for the Yankees to start so I may be on break for a while! Depends how well Sabathia pitches for us today.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:08 PM

Talking My completion for Saturday

This is what I accomplished for ME! Sunday is school paper and if time cutting out for 2 BOM and sashing lark summer series.
First picture is front then inside with vinyl pockets the ladt ine is the back. some of the pockets are sectioned off pockets on the inside and out of various sizes. It'll hold my smaller cutting mat rulers etc! So excited!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 PM

It's been a busy weekend so far. Gardening yesterday, then kids visiting for Father's Day last night and this morning. I have finished reading the paper and Quiltboard, and now am heading to the sewing room to continue on one of two quilting projects. I have started a Bargello for a DGD, and an X & O for DD. I am not ready to start Christmas quite yet. I plan to start that in July when I finish these two pressing projects. I have enjoyed reading about your projects and seeing your results. I will post picture of my progress later.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:03 PM

WhooHoo! Got the baby quilt done and made a matching bag to carry it in (or use for whatever she wants to). Also did a couple flannel burp cloths.
Here's pictures of the quilt and bag.
Thought I had a picture of the back too, but it vanished into cyberspace. It's the same fabric as the lining of the bag
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 01:07 PM

All-told I had to rip 2 rows and sew them back on, and I added 16 rows more. I also stitched together a whole strip set for parsing the rest, though I may need to cut and sew one more before I'm done. I have 25 rows left, and then I can stitch the bottom half to the top half (already done) for a finished quilt top! And then I've only got about 20 hours of basting and quilting ahead of me, followed by another 6 or so for the binding (I like to hand-finish). It seems so far from finished, but I made good progress today. Thanks for the motivation, everyone!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
Well just finished my "Easy Street" top had to remove border and put a new one on as ran short of the other fabric. Had 3" left of this one close one but made it. Sorry the picture is not the best but one top done for today at least
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419127[/ATTACH]
Your color choices are unique and I love stepping outside the box. They're happy. The value choices make the design pop. Lovely.