Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever made the same quilt or other project twice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-made-same-quilt-other-project-twice-t114446.html)

quilt3311 04-09-2011 05:41 AM

Yes, especially baby quilts. All 32 of nieces and nephews got the little sleepy teddy bear quilts. All in different colors. I used the color of their wedding for the colors in their quilts. It was understood that one quilt per couple as otherwise that would be all I got done. They had to make it last for all.
Other quilts I rarely make twice, the only exception is log cabins, but none are the same arrangements.

grayma 04-09-2011 05:47 AM

I have made several quilts of the same patterns. They have been for different people. I enjoy learning new patterns, but I also like the comfort of doing things I know how to do.

Phyl 04-09-2011 05:49 AM

There are too many I want to do!
Although....I haven't been doing much quilting the last few months. I am snowbirding, (living in the south for the winter) and I don't have my sewing room and everything I need to do everything I want to do.) Cutting is next to impossible......no big table........sewing is on a small desk.........blah, blah, blah. In my head I have done MANY things. Now I want to get home to see if I really do what I am intending. I love to be on this site and I think it also intimidates me. There are so many people who do such beautiful work, I feel.......untalented. I won't let that stop me but it does cause hesitation. I'll be HOME in a week so I will get started again and feel worthy!!!

patchsamkim 04-09-2011 05:51 AM

Yes, have made the same pattern, but in different colors...that way it doesn't get tiring, as you can see the pattern developing looking different than it did the first time. I do like though to make new patterns, that is more exciting than doing the same pattern again.

quilt'nmomma 04-09-2011 05:52 AM

I like making log cabins and have made several of them. I also made 5 DP9 patches for christmas gifts.

LouBert 04-09-2011 05:55 AM

I've made NINE Bali Bags

charity-crafter 04-09-2011 05:55 AM

Another reason I wind up doing the same quilt pattern many times is because I make a lot of crumb blocks and blocks using strips. I get into a mindless sewing zone and wind up with 100 or more blocks.
I have a problem throwing perfectly good fabric away...unless I'm trimming up those crumb blocks and then I don't want to see them again.

Joset 04-09-2011 06:38 AM

i have been known too. if i like the pattern i do it in different colors.

bmorawitz 04-09-2011 06:42 AM

I make the same quilt more than once especially a log cabin different patterns and fabric but I do make alot of log cabins... Because I have 2 daughters I make them the same pattern quilts but different colors... So, there is no fighting over which one they like the best...ha ha...

Lizzytish 04-09-2011 06:47 AM

Yes the grandkids first quilt is from the same pattern the jigsaw puzzle pattern. I also made daughter and son in law same pattern as a wedding gift.